Tech Lead Kelvin lost his job - this is his story....
Video 

He is in IT and led a team in a highly competitive industry.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

He is young la..sure can find another

but youtube is a better paid

he got a family to support, cannot be yaya like ah butt.

anyway, dun go back to gaming, it's really 害人不浅

Who did he voted for during the last erection?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Keep saying this across different threads..

Govt keep telling us we are short of manpower in IT.. But we are seeing young IT folks losing their jobs..

From this guy to the 32 year old lady who go and sell ban mian instead..

So what is the root of the problem? It will be worse when we have folks who believed in govt and end up taking an IT degree, or did a mid career change to be in IT industry.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

(08-10-2021, 11:53 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Govt keep telling us we are short of manpower in IT.. But we are seeing young IT folks losing their jobs..

So what is the root of the problem?

The shortage of manpower in IT is not true.
It is the shortage of cheap IT manpower from India.

For example, Semcorp Marine is a famous example.
SCM said they were shortage of 10,000 workers.
It does not mean there are 10,000 jobs for Singaporeans.
SCM said shortage because they cannot get 10,000 cheap workers from India.
Due to COVID, SCM has to pay $200 millions more to get workers from China and Malaysia for 2 years.

It means this shortage of IT manpower does not mean these jobs are for Singaporeans.
Unless, the govt says that these jobs must go to Singaporeans, then these jobs are for Singaporeans.
If not, most IT jobs will got to India contractors.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(08-10-2021, 08:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is in IT and led a team in a highly competitive industry.

A displaced sinkie son.

(08-10-2021, 12:10 PM)forum456 Wrote:  The shortage of manpower in IT is not true.
It is the shortage of cheap IT manpower from India.

For example, Semcorp Marine is a famous example.
SCM said they were shortage of 10,000 workers.
It does not mean there are 10,000 jobs for Singaporeans.
SCM said shortage because they cannot get 10,000 cheap workers from India.
Due to COVID, SCM has to pay $200 millions more to get workers from China and Malaysia for 2 years.

It means this shortage of IT manpower does not mean these jobs are for Singaporeans.
Unless, the govt says that these jobs must go to Singaporeans, then these jobs are for Singaporeans.
If not, most IT jobs will got to India contractors.

Then it just mean that all the saying of shortage of IT manpower and that's why we need to import are just bf, and we have mid career folks who are conned to go into IT..

If business choose to out-source developer job to cheaper countries, we can't stop that, just like we will go Malaysia to buy things coz things are cheaper there..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

he's into the wrong type of IT lah. game programming is very taxing and can be easily worn out and replaced if you're getting older and still not able to move up to the top or become the boss. moreover the work is very unproductive and in fact harmful to the young generation. some getting older but still addicted to games. can imagine your sons or husband dun do homework and housework but sitting in front of the computer all the while.

(08-10-2021, 08:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is in IT and led a team in a highly competitive industry.

At least from the way he talked, this guy looks not smart, if not stupid. Smile

SG really got no talents?