assessment of PAP's handling of pandemic

Let me give you a few key reasons and lets appraise together.

1. No sick no wear mask – underestimated the problem, abundance of masks from Taiwan, but told no need to send to Singapore.

2. Dorm spread – if they have been aware instead of complacency, 60,000 will be off the list, Singapore number will be very low.

3. Delta variant – told we need foreign workers, instead they let in dependent and short term passes, including KTV hostess.

4. Heighten Alert (HA) 2X – only clowns do this.

5. Burnt billions – still never solve any issues, not necessary to spend so much and solve nothing.

6. Businesses going bust – not much on rental rebate and 2 HAs caused a lot of businesses to shut.

More at https://tinyurl.com/cwmfp8ys

Our government should allow Sinopharm, Sinovac, Pfizer and Moderna as boosters. This mix will allow the virus load to be reduced like some countries.
[+] 2 users Like theold's post

Gan Kim Yong's team with Josephine and Chan Chun Sing did very badly last year.

The new team is better but because they are already 10 mths into Covid. Singapore is so small, therefore much easier to manage. Also, many of us are disciplined enough to stay at home most of the time.

Give them 4/10.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 
[+] 2 users Like Symmetry's post

(24-08-2021, 04:50 PM)Symmetry Wrote:  Gan Kim Yong's team with Josephine and Chan Chun Sing did very badly last year.

The new team is better but because they are already 10 mths into Covid. Singapore is so small, therefore  much easier to manage. Also, many of us are disciplined enough to stay at home most of the time.

Give them 4/10.

Agree that there are two halves.

Last year's performance was really bad. Over-confidence by JoTeo and CCS. HSK anyhow throw $100b aimlessly.

This year was better, with good vaccine roll-out but tainted by the slow response to close the doors on Delta variant from Cecaland.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(24-08-2021, 05:04 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Agree that there are two halves.

Last year's performance was really bad. Over-confidence by JoTeo and CCS. HSK anyhow throw $100b aimlessly.

This year was better, with good vaccine roll-out but tainted by the slow response to close the doors on Delta variant from Cecaland.

to be fair, the vaccine was ordered by the previous group in advance.

Where is each household $200 CDC vouchers and each household ART DIY swab test kit? ‘Hear footsteps but people’..

Should also have 1 item for purchase of vaccine.. While I am against the fact that we only have MNRA vaccine to chose from, at least govt get vaccine for us early..

+1 point..

Also, the handling of not vaccinated sucks.. Scare/intimate/discriminate tactics all out to cornered not vaccinated..

-1 point..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

I give 4.5/10 pts

A conditional Pass lah Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(25-08-2021, 10:36 AM)5354 Wrote:  Residents here in Singapore are thankful and grateful to PAP

For all the medical care and financial assistance provided to help citizens, PRs and foreigners cope with the worldwide Covid10 pandemic

Those living in Malaysia, not as fortunate as us here

Thank you PAP

You can look darn good compared to Malaysia.
But really how good...need to set a higher standard ..

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(25-08-2021, 10:40 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You can look darn good compared to Malaysia.
But really how good...need to set a higher standard ..

Compare to China. 1.2b with 0 case

PAP control community cases very well, no need to vaccinate.
PAP also showed us no need lotsof foreigners, GDP can still increase.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Took so long to endorse non mrna when an earlier implementation cud have save some billions n boost up other safety measures to fight CoV... maybe we cud have achieved heard immunity by now if vaccine roll out has been measured... at least there r some protections n health system r not stretched... 

[Image: minus-one.gif]

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(25-08-2021, 10:36 AM)5354 Wrote:  Residents here in Singapore are thankful and grateful to PAP

For all the medical care and financial assistance provided to help citizens, PRs and foreigners cope with the worldwide Covid10 pandemic

Thank you PAP

HELLO! Wake- up.

People talking about their performance not about being grateful or not.

If you are grateful, go and do 10 YEARS NS to protect SG, lah.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Watch this whole series before. Take a few days to watch the whole series.

医道韩剧

[Image: Medical.jpg]

Thank you PAP
In principal - Causes of Israel’s current predicament are the dominance of the extremely infectious Delta variant, which was carried into the country by Israelis returning from foreign vacations during the weeks in which Israel dropped all restrictive measures crying —along with the worrisome decrease in vaccine efficacy after about six months.

(25-08-2021, 10:05 AM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Should also have 1 item for purchase of vaccine.. While I am against the fact that we only have MNRA vaccine to chose from, at least govt get vaccine for us early..

+1 point..

Also, the handling of not vaccinated sucks.. Scare/intimate/discriminate tactics all out to cornered not vaccinated..

-1 point..

A worrisome rise in infections
—if not in severe illness and death—among the double-vaccinated.

Fully vaccinated one with weakened immune systems appeared particularly vulnerable to the fast spreading and aggressive Delta variant.

Gan KY did very badly last year and cannot lead his Covid- Team at all.

I even had to rely on HK's SMS Text on the 7 Do and Do Nots in Feb 2020, watch their HK Govt make officially presentation on half hour Pfizer Vaccine on YouTube beginning of 2021.

HK now has also this video. SG? Us? Always must copy and learn from them.

Siah Suay. Still dare to be Developed Country and still dare to draw million $ $$ Salary.

If they can only compare with Malaysia, then cut their salary by 90%.

I score them only 2/ 10, lah.

(25-08-2021, 10:28 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  I give 4.5/10 pts

A conditional Pass lah Laughing
Ministry OYK think fully vaccinated or 80?, with n by certain date can open more border n opening up Singapore. He think, he can control this Delta variants...

Thank you PAP
True in some sense.. But look at this scenario like your son's primary school class..

Assuming you spend $x per month on your son's teaching supplements (tuition, enrichment class). Would compare your son to:

1) The last few in the class. I am not discriminating this group, they could be late bloomer, did not have enough support at school/home for teaching supplements etc
2) The top few in the class, with unlimited access to teaching supplements

If your son can beat the top few academically, of coz you will be happy, because he outperformed with limited resources. If you son beat the last few academically, it is sorted of expected, given the resource that you have pump in.

Now, Singapore is like the top few in the class, Malaysia is like your son's position in class.. So coming in top few of the class is not a surprise, and nothing to thank of.. Meanwhile, if your son (eg Malaysia) can beat the top few (eg Singapore), then it is an achievement..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(24-08-2021, 05:04 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Agree that there are two halves.

This year, the 2nd half is not so good.

The KTV & Jurong Fishery Cluster brought PAP to their knees. But so far, no apologies from them yet.

Heng SK copied from Vietnam in June 2020 and prioritized Pivoted KTV (ST News, October 2020) although these settings do not have any kitchen.

Do things 有头 没尾 。