Tencent has worst Quarterly profit drop since listing

[Image: PGV96tz.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I read all the headlines and they were all negative.

However when I check what the company and analysts projected ....Tencent actually did better than expected ....

[Image: wGgCTta.png]

Remember the previous quarter report Tencent already saw earning a drop 50% bot most of this is due to fall of investment portfolio.

None of this "bad earnings" reported by the media is unexpected. Tencent actually performed better than what anaalysts expect for EPS.

Also investors may see this bad patch as temporarily caused by Covid and overall economic slowdown. So they will still be willing to buy for long term

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

According to Master Leongvthe stock will drop...what do you think?

Myself I don't think it is so clear cut as expectations have already been lowered. Look at the subsidiary Tencent Music, it's earnings was down but better thn expected and stock surged 15%.

So does Master Leong even knows what he is talking about? Let's see. We will know soon enough.

Despite the doom and gloom headlines saying the company performed badly.

The stock went up not down.
Because the bad result were expected ....

[Image: eFxONav.png]