Terra Luna: How one man"s irresponsible actions led to $45B collapse

How is it governments are doing nothing when doing nothing can cause citizens to suffer losses?

Those who claim nothing can be done let me ask you.
Can you open a new  bank tomorrow on Orchard Road and collect deposits and make loans? The answer is NO. Because of regulations doing so is ILLEGAL.

It has been made illegal because in the past in absence of regulation scammers and conmen will cheat ordinary people

Fast forward to what happened recently. Basically a .synidcate opened some.kind of "digital bank" collected deposits and made loans without capital adequacy and collapsed.

Yet govt and regulators are acting blur about the whole thing when they should have introduced regulation to prevent this.

If it is not the responsibility of govt to do this then they are not doing their work.

Govt should not pretend nothing can be done. They can legislate that such issuance of digital money has to be fully backed by secure assets like treasuries and AAA bonds.  Otherwise it will be declared illegal in the country.

If doing this can save citizens from scans and losses ...why not do it?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Jack Ma was killed by an Ant.

(21-05-2022, 01:26 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Jack Ma was killed by an Ant.
This's a good one!

Crypto is just a big con job!

While TS has a point about regulation, it cut both ends.. Too much regulation, we are stuck and that's why Sinkie land is way behind China in term of mobile payment.

Investors have to take their share of blame.. Similar to scam, they bought the stories that their money will grow at a much faster rate that normal means.. Some even borrowed money in order to earn more.. Now something happened, they tried to blame everyone exact themselves..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

This sound very familiar like Fintech