Tesla fuels the price war in China with the second reduction in three months

Tesla fuels the auto war in China with a new cut in the prices of its cars, the second drop in less than three months, amid increasingly bleak demand prospects in the world's largest car market.

The price drops together with the incentives represent a drop of between 13% and 24% in the brand's cars since September

https://cincodias.elpais.com/cincodias/2...33370.html

Time for Elon to re-focus away from Twitter. Big Grin

https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2...onths.aspx

[Image: 1003x-1.png]

So will Tesla car price also drop in this red dot?

tomorrow will be a better day

The fact that Tesla has to cut price to maintain market tells you the whole business is a low margin business ....eventually it will just fall to normal auto margins.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

over build facility. if the volume of sale no enough they face storage problem and maybe cash flow problem.

(08-01-2023, 05:42 PM)sclim Wrote:  over build facility. if the volume of sale no enough they face storage problem and maybe cash flow problem.

EV is a car ...a petrol car is a car.
People are not all that environmentally conscious.

Initially when you sell there are groups switching to EV waiting to buy ...Once they are done. That's about it.

You find yourself fighting for same consumers as all the car makers.

The EV does the same thing as a normal car just takes long time to charge up

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(08-01-2023, 06:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  EV is a car ...a petrol car is a car.

Initially when you sell there are groups switching to EV waiting to buy ...Once they are done. That's about it.

Read that the second year Road tax for EV is more than the initial first year Road tax.

(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)surfer Wrote:  So will Tesla car price also drop in this red dot?

I doubt so - SG's margin already very thin with our high COE and import text...

The problem Telsa facing is much larger....due to increasing  competition in Asia from Chinese EV makers.

According to analysis, Telsa was forced to cut price for its popular Model-3 and Y as much as 24% in 2022 just to protect their share in China...

Top EV players in China...
[Image: China-Top-5-EV-Brands-Sales-Share-Q2-2022-1.png]

(08-01-2023, 06:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  EV is a car ...a petrol car is a car.

Errr...wrong - That is the BIGGEST mistake for anyone to assume EV = petrol car. It is NOT.
If both are the same, then established players like Merc, BWM, VW, Toyota wouldn't be struggling with EV development 
The FUN fact is today's petrol car engine technology is over 100 years old !

Big Grin

World's first mass production petrol  Ford Model T engine in 1908 - same working principle as today's petrol car.
[Image: 1280px-Pag%C3%A9_1917_Model_T_Ford_Car_Figure_08.png]

Last time Mahathir proton saga produce 1 car earn only few k ya,,

Our garment print a copy of coe 40 to 60k chau chau, ha ha,, Big Grin

(08-01-2023, 08:47 PM)itangg12 Wrote:  Last time Mahathir proton saga produce 1 car earn only few k ya,,
Our garment print a copy of coe 40 to 60k chau chau, ha ha,, Big Grin

....and to add insult to injury, Dr M's pet project Proton now largely run by Chinese bosses while our COE continue to climb to stratosphere with billoins of avenue in SG gov coffer without using a single paper...

Big Grin

Till one day F1 uses EVs, I don't support EV cars.

(08-01-2023, 08:20 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I doubt so - SG's margin already very thin with our high COE and import text...

The problem Telsa facing is much larger....due to increasing  competition in Asia from Chinese EV makers.

According to analysis, Telsa was forced to cut price for its popular Model-3 and Y as much as 24% in 2022 just to protect their share in China...

Top EV players in China...
[Image: China-Top-5-EV-Brands-Sales-Share-Q2-2022-1.png]

In fact BYD has very nice sports models in China except that they don't export to other countries.

Fark la

why not fuel a price war here , the price its selling can buy a Beemer

Our COEs are already in ridiculous price tag.
Time to scratch COEs and come out better system. Rotfl
Otherwise what is the purpose of keeping expensive nanny if they are unable to come a better system.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-01-2023, 10:33 AM)surfer Wrote:  So will Tesla car price also drop in this red dot?

Yes, it will drop but not in tandem. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(08-01-2023, 10:06 PM)mikotan Wrote:  Till one day F1 uses EVs, I don't support EV cars.

F1 is own and run by AMTK conglomerates who are vested in petrol-based vehicle engines - So EV racing cars will be last on their mind....

I find it hypocritical of SG to hold F1 Event when we are talking about going Green and reducing Carbon emission from banning use of plastic bag to stop issuing new $ during CNY.. What a JOKE!

Rolleyes

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ma...ns-2064641
https://www.todayonline.com/big-read/f1-...sm-1994881