Thai PM Srettha donates his salary to charity, why others can't?

"Tycoon-Turned Thai Prime Minister Srettha Foregoes His Salary for Charity"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...%20Charity
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

After  Malaysia PM Anwar foregoes his PM salary 
Now Thai PM's turn 
Next in the Q is ?

Bangkok : 

PM Office spokesperson Chai Watcharong said PM Srettha stressed to officials that charity is a good thing and everyone can do good according to their ability. To extend the act of kindness to every official, the 61 year old PM started with himself by donating his entire salary and allowance to charity.

Clapping

(28-09-2023, 10:31 PM)Oasis Wrote:  After  Malaysia PM Anwar foregoes his PM salary 
Now Thai PM's turn 
Next in the Q is ?

Why are some Prime Ministers different from others?

Sia

Thai PM Srettha donates his salary to charity, why others can't?

What's the difference 🤔?

Some PMs are demanding for more and many are greedy and corrupted.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

crying

Every country where the leader donate their salaries to charity perform like shit.

No thanks. Singaporeans prefer to pay a leader a good salary and have good performance.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(29-09-2023, 05:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Every country where the leader donate their salaries to charity perform like shit.

No thanks. Singaporeans prefer to pay a leader a good salary and have good performance.

"John F. Kennedy Donated His Entire Presidential Salary to Charity

President Kennedy not only gave all his presidential salary to charity, but his congressional salary as well. "

(29-09-2023, 05:19 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Thai PM Srettha donates his salary to charity, why others can't?

What's the difference 🤔?

You donate your salary to charity also ah?      Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(29-09-2023, 06:37 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  You donate your salary to charity also ah?      Thinking

We are here to talk about PM, the head of the country.

Anything to add, much appreciated

(29-09-2023, 06:46 AM)Scythian Wrote:  We are here to talk about PM, the head of the country.

I am here asking you working in Australia with very high salary. You answer is much appreciated.    Thinking

Carl Jung

(29-09-2023, 06:55 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I am here asking you working in Australia with very high salary. You answer is much appreciated.    Thinking

The taxes Australians pay fund community services, such as: health care. education. roads and train lines.

The Australian public accesses care within the public health system for free or at a lower cost through Medicare (funded by tax).

Providing Welfare and unemployment benefits

what's wrong with accumulate more money ?

PM Lee turn ?

Are these countries PMs paid multi millions and badly managed..?

Here are the top 10 best countries in the world:

Switzerland
Canada
Sweden
Australia *
United States
Japan
Germany
New Zealand
United Kingdom
Netherlands"

https://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.co...etherlands

How much is his salary?

(29-09-2023, 07:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  How much is his salary?

Much much happier here than what I was paid in Singapore

(29-09-2023, 07:29 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Much much happier here than what I was paid in Singapore

I'm asking what is the Thai PM salary? Who cares about how much u r paid.  Laughing

(29-09-2023, 07:03 AM)Scythian Wrote:  The taxes Australians pay fund community services, such as: health care. education. roads and train lines.

The Australian public accesses care within the public health system for free or at a lower cost through Medicare (funded by tax).

Providing Welfare and unemployment benefits

I am asking about your donations in Singapore.      Thinking

Carl Jung

(29-09-2023, 07:34 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I am asking about your donations in Singapore.      Thinking

Oz citizen liao maybe ? 
He has to pin hope of Soros foundation coup here  Rotfl

(29-09-2023, 07:33 AM)Is that an important critiriawinbig Wrote:  I'm asking what is the Thai PM salary? Who cares about how much u r paid.  Laughing

.is that an important criteria?

(29-09-2023, 07:33 AM)winbig Wrote:  I'm asking what is the Thai PM salary? Who cares about how much u r paid.  Laughing

Are you thinking that becoz Thai PM s salary is little therefore he donated?

While other PMs with multi millions salary cannot ( or should not) donate?

(29-09-2023, 06:46 AM)Scythian Wrote:  We are here to talk about PM, the head of the country.

(29-09-2023, 06:55 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I am here asking you working in Australia with very high salary. You answer is much appreciated.    Thinking
AUS is a very racist country against Asians. Hope you don’t return to Singapore with panda eyes.

Many of these leaders who donate salaries know they can get it back many more times via under-table means.

(29-09-2023, 10:05 AM)starbugs Wrote:  Many of these leaders who donate salaries know they can get it back many more times via under-table means.

Harping on high pay of PAP is a losing position for the opposition ....because it is something Singaporeans already know and accepted.

Singaporeans look at leaders in countries who take low pay or donate all their pay ....and prefer leaders who are pay high clean wages.

It gives the citizens leverage to demand better performance.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(28-09-2023, 10:31 PM)Oasis Wrote:  After  Malaysia PM Anwar foregoes his PM salary 
Now Thai PM's turn 
Next in the Q is ?

For sure this will not happen here!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(29-09-2023, 05:19 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Thai PM Srettha donates his salary to charity, why others can't?

What's the difference 🤔?

Some, in fact many, want to bring along...👎😢

(29-09-2023, 07:13 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  PM Lee turn ?

Dan Gu Gu!

LKY donated earnings to charity

In a Facebook post on Wednesday (29 Jul), Mr Cheng said Mr Lee kept records of his earnings from memoirs, speaking engagements and advisory board appointments.

He’d accumulated quite a few since he stepped down as prime minister in 1990, and he’d donated everything to charity, said Mr Cheng.

That’s about $13 million – $12.2 million in Singapore dollars and the rest in other currencies – earned over 20 years.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(29-09-2023, 10:28 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  LKY donated earnings to charity

In a Facebook post on Wednesday (29 Jul), Mr Cheng said Mr Lee kept records of his earnings from memoirs, speaking engagements and advisory board appointments.

He’d accumulated quite a few since he stepped down as prime minister in 1990, and he’d donated everything to charity, said Mr Cheng.

That’s about $13 million – $12.2 million in Singapore dollars and the rest in other currencies – earned over 20 years.

Those who openly declare they donate to charity is to gain votes.

Those who quietly donate while they are in office are true philanthropist.

[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post