Caixin : The importance of getting the truth from facts

[Image: 7lzrAVc.jpg]

https://twitter.com/tianyuf/status/1739188349125177568

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: zwZnh5v.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

45 years, a period of great changes. The Third Plenary Session of the 11th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, held at the end of 1978, reestablished the ideological line of seeking truth from facts and decisively ended the era of "class struggle as the key link." The focus of the party's work was shifted to economic construction, marking the beginning of reform and opening up. Reform and opening up became the key move that determined the future and destiny of contemporary China. Commemorating the 45th anniversary of reform and opening up is not only a review of the difficult journey in the past, but also a reminder to stay true to the original aspiration and gather consensus to move forward.

At that time, after experiencing the impact of the "ten years of turmoil," the economy and society were heavily damaged, and people's minds were changing. The fundamental experience of the Third Plenary Session of the 11th Central Committee being able to correct the chaos and lay the foundation for China's subsequent economic takeoff was following the ideological line of seeking truth from facts. Seeking truth from facts is the fundamental viewpoint and method of Marxism, and it is written into the Party Constitution. The party's ideological line is to start from reality, integrate theory with practice, seek truth from facts, and test and develop truth in practice. Deng Xiaoping said, "The success of reform and opening up does not rely on books, but on practice and seeking truth from facts." General Secretary Xi Jinping also pointed out, "History has repeatedly proven that adhering to seeking truth from facts can rejuvenate the party and the country, while going against seeking truth from facts can lead to mistakes for the party and the country." Revisiting the ideological line of seeking truth from facts is to break away from dogmatism and face reality. This experience is an invincible magic weapon for development so far, and a guide for today's reforms.

Only by seeking truth from facts can we rectify a large number of wrongful cases. Rectifying wrongful cases means correcting the distortion of right and wrong. The rectification work, which had been progressing slowly due to factors such as the "two whatevers," accelerated since the Third Plenary Session of the 11th Central Committee. According to incomplete statistics, by the end of 1982, about 3 million wrongful cases involving officials had been rectified nationwide, and more than 470,000 party members had their membership restored. Through rectification, justice was restored, public sentiment was satisfied, and the talent gap was also filled.

frequently, which have harmed enterprises and weakened market expectations. Behind these contractionary policies, there is a governance logic and behavior that deviates from the line of seeking truth from facts. Recently, the central government has emphasized the need to cautiously implement contractionary and restrictive measures, which not only helps optimize policies but also reaffirms the importance of seeking truth from facts. Only by continuing to seek truth from facts can we successfully respond to the ever-emerging external challenges. Currently, globalization is facing headwinds, populism is rampant, "decoupling" is increasing, and geopolitical conflicts are escalating. As a "responsible major country," China has repeatedly emphasized that its position and policies are determined by the merits of the matter itself. In addition, an accurate assessment of our own strength is necessary, without being arrogant or complacent. This is a major issue concerning China's international situation and moral image.

Reform and opening up was a great awakening, and this awakening was led by the "Great Debate on the Standards of Truth," which reflected the rigorous logic of historical progress and the legality of the decisions made at that time. Reform is always an ongoing process, and seeking truth from facts is the guiding light. Today, as we face the difficult "hard bones" in the deep waters of reform, the Third Plenary Session of the 11th Central Committee, which fully embodies the spirit of seeking truth from facts, will provide us with endless inspiration.

The truth....

https://prospect.org/politics/congress-p...-of-china/
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

(28-12-2023, 08:23 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  The truth....

https://prospect.org/politics/congress-p...-of-china/

I believe the amount China spends on propaganda yo demonise the west is far high and effective.

[Image: rSpYMPF.jpg]

The above article is from Caixin and is talking about China governance today.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(28-12-2023, 08:23 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  The truth....

[Image: 05806421-d8ce-4377-ab37-1e53e81f6851.jpg]
[Image: d26c104a-21ac-49e3-ae75-093210687ce0.jpg]

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

Assmerica ass-licker is so happy to lick!  Rotfl

头号战犯都有粉丝啊?

(28-12-2023, 09:40 AM)ROFLMAO Wrote:  ....

【中国平安夜!】1950年12月24日,志愿军胜利结束抗美援朝第二次战役,彻底粉碎“联合国军”占领全朝鲜的企图,迫使“联合国军”由进攻转入防御,从根本上扭转了朝鲜战局。这一夜是志愿军的胜利之夜,是祖国的平安之夜!

[Image: SlxeLyLt3aAAs3IkpYkkyXXAV5uQAI3AXdbUVHZV...e11b-nd-v1]

[Image: eU9MMZ7bYYI6qBS2yHDV078fzP90zmPyyl6m_exp...ffff-nd-v1]