Thailand's proposed land bridge may mean ships bypassing Singapore,

but at higher costs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an4KqV5WoXc

Not to worry, Thais have a lot of ideas but they talk only no actions. In case they build the land bridge, it may only attract small percentage of shipping volume due to the inconvenience of unloading from one ship and reloading to another. Spore can’t stop other countries from doing that to compete with Spore.

(08-11-2023, 04:35 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  but at higher costs

Dun look practical and might ended up as white elephant as cargo needs to be discharged on one side of the bridge, loaded on to trucks then unload from trucks and loaded again on the other end of the bridge. This involves double handling of cargoes, time consuming and risk of cargo damage. Another bigger puzzle is the cargo carrier needs two sets of vessels to complete the voyage. One ship to carry cargo to the West coast of the Kra in the Andaman Sea and another ship to pick up the cargo on the East side of the Kra in the South China Sea. Overall, I dun think much time or fuel is save.   Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

The canal will separate south of Thailand into Buddhist north of canal and muslims south of the canal. It will give the separatists ammunition to mount an independent south of Thailand

Better be careful hor

Laughing

That land bridge is dead on arrival. It costs time and money to do the transfer from ship to rail to ship. Why would a shipper pay ~$200/container more to use the land bridge and save no time at all? We got other things to worry about.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/...y/40032501

[Image: IMG-3944.png]

(08-11-2023, 04:49 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dun look practical and might ended up as white elephant as cargo needs to be discharged on one side of the bridge, loaded on to trucks then unload from trucks and loaded again on the other end of the bridge. This involves double handling of cargoes, time consuming and risk of cargo damage. Another bigger puzzle is the cargo carrier needs two sets of vessels to complete the voyage. One ship to carry cargo to the West coast of the Kra in the Andaman Sea and another ship to pick up the cargo on the East side of the Kra in the South China Sea. Overall, I dun think much time or fuel is save.   Rolleyes

Malaysia ECRL project supposed to be this way but cancelled or scaled down. Not meaningful..

Smile

(08-11-2023, 05:16 PM)Niubee Wrote:  Malaysia ECRL project supposed to be this way but cancelled or scaled down. Not meaningful..
Same principle but the ECRL is much longer than this Kra bridge if built.  Big Grin .

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(08-11-2023, 04:54 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  The canal will separate south of Thailand into Buddhist north of canal and muslims south of the canal. It will give the separatists ammunition to mount an independent south of Thailand

Better be careful hor

Unless the Thais want their own Thai gaza stripe?  Thinking Laughing

It may not be costs effective and ends up as a white elephant. Anyway I won’t be alive to see that happening.( I hope)🤣

tomorrow will be a better day

Knn so simple also don't Thai brain so stupid. Bomb the fuccking land lah and then water can rush in and then start digging. Can save at 70% of the time digging it. The land belong to you you can cut by digging or bombing nobody can say anything what. Singapore can add and reclaim land (reclaim from who actually I don't know) whenever they like who can say anything?

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED
[+] 1 user Likes starbugstk's post

(08-11-2023, 04:35 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  but at higher costs

A canal of 300m wide more logical one off.

(08-11-2023, 06:27 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knn so simple also don't Thai brain so stupid. Bomb the fuccking land lah and then water can rush in and then start digging. Can save at 70% of the time digging it. The land belong to you you can cut by digging or bombing nobody can say anything what. Singapore can add and reclaim land (reclaim from who actually I don't know)  whenever they like who can say anything?
Build The canal just beside my border  .

Can Thailand has a stable ruling party for two decades ?
Bullet  cargo train
AI system to manage cost
High efficient civil servants who are not corrupted

(08-11-2023, 06:36 PM)Blin Wrote:  Build The canal just beside my border  .

All Thailand needs is a team of Grab drivers for picking up and delivering cargos from coast to coast.

actually Our Govt is worry on South China sea, if War between China and Taiwan break up.

Sg economics will be greatly affect but End of the day PM , Minister , MP , Mayors down to civil servants. STILL having their bonus.

Whereas Private sectors will be hit badly not just locally also come International trade.

(08-11-2023, 05:54 PM)surfer Wrote:  It may not be costs effective and ends up as a white elephant. Anyway I won’t be alive to see that happening.( I hope)🤣

yes i was about to write what u hv spoken 
i shared the same sentiment

more likely a white elephant may not be able to recover the cost