Former Caldecott Broadcast Centre site to be redeveloped into 15 leasehold GCB

SINBGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) - Real estate and healthcare company Perennial Holdings is planning to redevelop the former Caldecott Broadcast Centre site into 15 good class bungalows (GCBs), making it the first major 99-year leasehold GCB site to be launched.

The GCB plots will range from 15,070 sq ft to 250,801 sq ft. However, the larger plots could also be subdivided in future to accommodate more GCBs, up to a maximum of 26 bungalows. The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has stipulated that any redeveloped plots will have to be sold with houses.

The plans were revealed in a November 2021 internal circular that the URA distributed to residents, property portal EdgeProp reported on Thursday (Jan 20). Perennial and DP Architects had invited residents to a sharing session on their development plans.

The Caldecott site was sold with a balance lease of 73 years. The site was also zoned for "civic and community institution" use, so its developer would have to pay to upgrade the lease term and change the site's use.
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...-bungalows

(21-01-2022, 09:41 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  SINBGAPORE (THE BUSINESS TIMES) - Real estate and healthcare company Perennial Holdings is planning to redevelop the former Caldecott Broadcast Centre site into 15 good class bungalows (GCBs), making it the first major 99-year leasehold GCB site to be launched.

The GCB plots will range from 15,070 sq ft to 250,801 sq ft. However, the larger plots could also be subdivided in future to accommodate more GCBs, up to a maximum of 26 bungalows. The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has stipulated that any redeveloped plots will have to be sold with houses.

The plans were revealed in a November 2021 internal circular that the URA distributed to residents, property portal EdgeProp reported on Thursday (Jan 20). Perennial and DP Architects had invited residents to a sharing session on their development plans.

The Caldecott site was sold with a balance lease of 73 years. The site was also zoned for "civic and community institution" use, so its developer would have to pay to upgrade the lease term and change the site's use.
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...-bungalows

It is a waste to convert broadcast centre into GCB, where a Condo development will yield much more homes, when it is built 40 storeys high......

Surrounding area all houses so cannot build high rise flats to retain its character.

Tonight i kena toto top prize, still cannot afford.

(21-01-2022, 09:49 AM)debono Wrote:  It is a waste to convert broadcast centre into GCB, where a Condo development will yield much more homes, when it is built 40 storeys high......

cannot .

it is a GCB area.

Contracters there will face mishap as its a haunted area not to be touch.

This is where my uncle's GCB is.

(21-01-2022, 09:55 AM)A2Z Wrote:  Surrounding area all houses so cannot build high rise flats to retain its character.

(21-01-2022, 10:06 AM)drgn Wrote:  cannot .

it is a GCB area.

Noted with thanks......

(21-01-2022, 11:16 AM)dynamite Wrote:  This is where my uncle's GCB is.

My Uncle landed hse actually near there so call , at Thomson road.

(21-01-2022, 11:30 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  My Uncle landed hse actually near there so call , at Thomson road.

Maybe our uncle is the same one. We know each other. Laughing

GCBs all above $20m so if 99 years should be around $600psf eg land size 15,000 sq ft total around $9m stay until 99 years value for $$$.

Means all freehold huat ah.

(21-01-2022, 03:03 PM)A2Z Wrote:  GCBs all above $20m so if 99 years should be around $600psf eg land size 15,000 sq ft total around $9m stay until 99 years value for $$$.

Even if strike TOTO for 10 million also cannot afford to own one GCB.......

(21-01-2022, 09:49 AM)debono Wrote:  It is a waste to convert broadcast centre into GCB, where a Condo development will yield much more homes, when it is built 40 storeys high......

That area is GCB enclave. If a condo is built, will bring down that area gcb prices. Laughing

Smile

(21-01-2022, 03:21 PM)Niubee Wrote:  That area is GCB enclave. If a condo is built, will bring down that area gcb prices. Laughing

Since the that area is GCB enclave, then no high rise housing will be allowed......

If I remember well, that Grab CEO and Secretlab both CEO bought GCB around there. I guess they feel the GCB , landed house around there price will increase due to this new project so in future they can sell high if want.