Govt to ‘carefully study’ possible lease extension for 50-year lease replacement flat

Sers rehousing option: Govt to ‘carefully study’ possible lease extension for 50-year lease replacement flats for resale - TODAY
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/go...rs-1937806

In the first place HDB public housing was to satisfy housing needs of the masses. The linking to wealth creation (soaking away your CPF) was a clever move to ease the CPF repayment towards the retired.

Then the mixing of public housing and private housing price and rental set us all off to an unaffordable living condition. Imagine 20% of private market determined by the purchasing power of the rich dictating the pricing mechanism for public housing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that it can only mean inflationary pressures and sky is never the limit.

Just cut the public housing secondary market and make it mandatory to sell back HDB to govt and affordability issue is resolved. Because the govt will always press down the price they acquire the flats to bring back affordability. Your years of CPF used to fund the inflated prices will just vaporised.

If the choice is not to delink HDB flats from property mayhem then it will only mean more sers issues else no more sers and let the lease term run out. Painful to settle for future govt...
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

(08-07-2022, 10:28 AM)Sticw Wrote:  In the first place HDB public housing was to satisfy housing needs of the masses. The linking to wealth creation (soaking away your CPF) was a clever move to ease the CPF repayment towards the retired.

Then the mixing of public housing and private housing price and rental set us all off to an unaffordable living condition. Imagine 20% of private market determined by the purchasing power of the rich dictating the pricing mechanism for public housing. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that it can only mean inflationary pressures and sky is never the limit.

Just cut the public housing secondary market and make it mandatory to sell back HDB to govt and affordability issue is resolved. Because the govt will always press down the price they acquire the flats to bring back affordability. Your years of CPF used to fund the inflated prices will just vaporised.

If the choice is not to delink HDB flats from property mayhem then it will only mean more sers issues else no more sers and let the lease term run out. Painful to settle for future govt...

Your comments should be emailed to National Development, Family&Social and HDB,URA. Clapping

Govt(HDB) is in cahoot with prop agencies to prop the market be it direct or indirect.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Niubee's post

Actually public housing should not be sold in the open market

since the intention is for the poorer Citizens to afford housing

and we are merely leasee, not owners

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

I dont want HDB address. Can just use Postal Address for my IC?

(08-07-2022, 10:38 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Your comments should be emailed to National Development, Family&Social and HDB,URA. Clapping

Govt(HDB) is in cahoot with prop agencies to prop the market be it direct or indirect.
The govt is ruled by scholars whom disregard anyone who isn't above them. If they never listen to me years ago when I talked to them about property market sensing and policy, what makes you think they will bother to listen to me now?

Not that I never tried. Just blame myself for not being a scholar or high ses. Lol

I don't even know if I can provide for my family in the coming month, why would anyone listen to a loser?

Shalom.
[+] 2 users Like Sticw's post

(08-07-2022, 11:02 AM)Sticw Wrote:  The govt is ruled by scholars whom disregard anyone who isn't above them. If they never listen to me years ago when I talked to them about property market sensing and policy, what makes you think they will bother to listen to me now?

Not that I never tried. Just blame myself for not being a scholar or high ses. Lol

I don't even know if I can provide for my family in the coming month, why would anyone listen to a loser?

Shalom.

Everyone are singing the the same song up the whole property value chains. Valuations and revaluations. All dancing....

Smile

(08-07-2022, 10:28 AM)Sticw Wrote:  In the first place HDB public housing was to satisfy housing needs of the masses. The linking to wealth creation (soaking away your CPF) was a clever move to ease the CPF repayment towards the retired.

government will loose income from 2 sources

1.  resale levy & tax

2.  profit from BTO.

Theses are big sum of money.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

(08-07-2022, 11:57 AM)drgn Wrote:  government will loose income from 2 sources

1.  resale levy & tax

2.  profit from BTO.

Theses are big sum of money.

3. Stamp duty.

[Image: IMG-20220708-120637-454.jpg]

Sounds like the first time Govt has SERs and no clue how to get things done properly.
[+] 1 user Likes Wy:Nox's post