The integrity of parliament is gone if Speaker is not impartial

Actually it is better for the govt to replace the speaker and conclude this issue. Otherwise the future parliament sessions will lose credibility.

Citizens already seen the current speakers disdain for the opposition how are they going to trust his impartiality.

If he stays on until the elections, it becomes an election issue...which is worse for the ruling party.

I suspect the WP played the long game here not to raise a motion on the impartiality of the speaker. But PSP broke this by raising it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

The speaker akin to a referee is kelong...in the soccer world, he would be dismissed for showing favouritism..in the political scene in sg..he just get away by saying sorry....this is kelong.

The day 38 oxley road started there no integrity to talk about.

(15-07-2023, 04:03 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The speaker akin to a referee is kelong...in the soccer world, he would be dismissed for showing favouritism..in the political scene in sg..he just get away by saying sorry....this is kelong.

UNBECOMING TO BE SPEAKER OF PARLIAMENT
IN WESTERN DEMOCRACY HWE WILL BE GRILLED ONCE THOSE FOUL WORDS WERE KNOWN N COMPELLED TO STEP DOWN.

FULL STOP THERE N THEN

(15-07-2023, 03:49 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I suspect the WP played the long game here not to raise a motion on the impartiality of the speaker. But PSP broke this by raising it.

that is why it is good to have competition for oppositions also.
the more opposition parties, the more value for voters.

How to have integrity when 90% in the parliament have thick skin?
[+] 1 user Likes Dan's post

It is like putting Jac LAU to be a referee

always score own goals, lor

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Absolutely.

This exISD guy said it best

https://singaporerecalcitrant2.blogspot.com/

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

TCJ is like an albatross wrapped around the ruling party's kkj. Oh wait... or is it the neck? Thinking

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

saw a thread in reddit about the other speaker before TCJ's sagat...

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comme...peaker_of/

(15-07-2023, 04:53 PM)Dan Wrote:  How to have integrity when 90% in the parliament have thick skin?

nudie nudie nudie nudie

(15-07-2023, 04:03 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  The speaker akin to a referee is kelong...in the soccer world, he would be dismissed for showing favouritism..in the political scene in sg..he just get away by saying sorry....this is kelong.

And he got extra bonus.
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post