The scammer controlled the phone remotely; the couple watched their deposits emptied.

Singh (a civil servant, 35 years old), who did not want to reveal his full name, told Lianhe Zaobao that he saw an advertisement for buying second-hand items on Facebook in early October and asked the other party through Facebook whether he was interested in buying his second-hand sofa. The two parties then switched to WhatsApp to continue communication.

During the call, the other party also sent a link and instructed Singh to click on the link to view the receipt number so that he could show it to the driver when he came to collect the sofa. Then, the other party informed Singh that the money had been credited to his account and asked him to enter the banking app on his mobile phone to check whether the S$600 had been credited.

The scammer first used Singer's personal information to open the DBS Multiplier account, then increased the transfer limit, and then transferred all the money in Singer's personal account and the joint account of him and his wife in three installments.

"I should have realized at that time that the scammer had remotely controlled my phone," Singer said regretfully.

"We don't understand why such a large amount of money can be transferred without authorization. If I accept the money from the bank, it will be equivalent to admitting that I made a mistake."

https://news.seehua.com/post/1089948
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

I received a scam sms yesterday purportedly from DBS. The scam sms informed me that a sum of $357.25 has been withdrawn from DBS/POSB, and if unauthorised, to click on a link to stop the process.

I replied with a vulgar remark about doing something to his mother's genitals to the sender.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

(10-12-2023, 12:13 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  I received a scam sms yesterday purportedly from DBS.  The scam sms informed me that a sum of $357.25 has been withdrawn from DBS/POSB, and if unauthorised, to click on a link to stop the process.

I replied with a vulgar remark about doing something to his mother's genitals to the sender.
So sharp, apt reply. 
Hopefully the receiving bastard reads it.Lol
[+] 2 users Like hansamu's post

Useless Shoot Blank Queen

She should stop 3rd party payment apps since Jan 2023.

She is always retarded, hack- care and lazy.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

Hv to be very careful with DBS. Good thing I trf all my money to UOB a few years ago.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(10-12-2023, 03:02 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Hv to be very careful with DBS. Good thing I trf all my money to UOB a few years ago.

It is so strange that their CEO's job is safe in spite of all these lapses, and he continues to command $15 million annually in salary + bonuses.   
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Until now all the software and OS security loop holes not fixed ...removed hardware token yo save some money and caused so many problems yet refuse to take responsibilities.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.