The start up, IT and tech scene is in sharp decline..

Too much h money too many people trained with the same info technology skills, too many start ups. Glut of AI and analytics professionals. Same.situation as 2000. 

I have been tracking the news. Many tech companies are retrenching.  Many hired too many anticipating grow but now seeing slowdown. Too many people took up computer programming, AI and analytics because of the hype will find such skills redundant or crowded.

Below is just a sample of the news we have been seeing for weeks. It is just one company but many ha e reported Sam's problems. Growth Slow, revenue miss expectations, need to cut staff and freeze hiring.

there now a shortage of O&G professionalsm, Agri tech,and hospitality As business ramps up.

[Image: sWAtFdg.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

it's not the technologies to blame but the lack of useful applications

no more free stash of money

If u see USA apps scene, most apps are rubbish hoping to IPO and scam investors.

Smile

Bro, 9988 can short or long?

I was sad when i don't have a pair of new shoes, until i saw someone with no feet...

(24-05-2022, 10:06 AM)roguetrader Wrote:  Bro, 9988 can short or long?

Neither at this point in time. Do nothing is best for now.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Don't just think of stock and shares or just one web company going to reduce recruitment of IT personnel, it is the international competition between US and China in the fields of 5G, chips, semiconductors, AI, IoE (Internet of everything, 万物互联) etc etc.  

Even the space working station by China and the competition by many countries and the technology of hyper speed missiles that are aimed at the aircraft carriers that made US aircraft carriers a heap of waste iron, these are the field that demand great technologists.    

So, open your mind, you will see the potential for IT.