High income young couple cannot rent HDB flat while wait for their BTO flat?

happen to know from my relative she claim her grand daughter and her hubby go rent Condo again in new area which happen around in my area as their contract finish from previous owner. After two years.

I think maybe the owner increase the rental so they go find another new condo to rent also the grand daugther change job happen to work in my area so they rent a condo in my area.

This relative told me , maybe their total income is high so cannot rent HDB flat while waiting for their BTO flat.

Actually I feel is ok the system as it is fair there. If high income also can rent HDB flat like that no much left for those poor or average income couple.

(22-05-2024, 04:17 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  happen to know from my relative she claim her grand daughter and her hubby go rent Condo again in new area which happen around in my area as their contract finish from previous owner. After two years.

I think maybe the owner increase the rental so they go find another new condo to rent also the grand daugther change job happen to work in my area so they rent a condo in my area.

This relative told me , maybe their total income is high so cannot rent HDB flat while waiting for their BTO flat.

Actually I feel is ok the system as it is fair there. If high income also can rent HDB flat like that no much left for those poor or average income couple.

They can rent HDB flats from open market. Not rent from HDB directly. If their income is very high then they cannot buy bto

(22-05-2024, 04:40 PM)winbig Wrote:  They can rent HDB flats from open market. Not rent from HDB directly. If their income is very high then they cannot buy bto

They already got BTO flat now waiting to build finish this is why currently they rent condo while waiting. They are lucky first time go ballot and got it. Is at Bishan.

(22-05-2024, 04:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  They already got BTO flat now waiting to build finish this is why currently they rent condo while waiting. They are lucky first time go ballot and got it. Is at Bishan.

I mean they can rent HDB flat but not rent from HDB. They don't have to rent condo but they chose to.