Depositors yank another US$126 billion from US banks

David Hollerith·Senior Reporter
Sat, 1 April 2023 at 5:08 am SGT

Depositors drained another US$126 billion from U.S. banks during the week ending March 22, according to new Federal Reserve data. This time the outflow came from the nation's largest institutions.

The biggest 25 banks lost US$90 billion on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the Fed. The smaller banks, which suffered massive withdrawals the previous week as regulators seized regional lenders Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, were able to stabilize their outflows. They actually gained back US$6 billion on a seasonally adjusted basis.

Better to read full report athttps://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/deposi...51940.html

Technically all these withdrawal out of the banking system if not deposited into other parts of the system should see either printing or short term appreciation of USD. Unless the USD very quickly dumped into Asia.

this is.only logical. yellen said that depositors money above 256K is not guaranteed.

what do you expect people to do.

hear most of the.money ia shifted either to money market or brokerages. Brokerages are required to keep client funds in separate accounts so that money is safe even if broker collapse

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.