The ups and downs of my EV road trip in Malaysia

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/mal...ip-2398151

Need some more time for this structure to be build it.. please wait longer.

3 things must happen for EV to work.

1) It must be cheaper than petrol car for the same engine capacity.
2) Charging stations must be more than the current petrol stations.
3) Charging time must be less than 30 minutes.

(02-01-2022, 09:38 AM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/mal...ip-2398151

(02-01-2022, 10:01 AM)forum456 Wrote:  3 things must happen for EV to work.

You are right, the EV must be cheaper than a petrol driven car of the same engine capacity and more infrastructure of charging in the  number of charging stations must be adequate . and also charging time must be fast...... Clapping

For any new technology the price will be higher for a while before they can be drop dead cheap.

A fan -> electric fan -> aircon

Which part was aircon ever cheaper than a fan unless you have an antique fan? Lol

More and more Tesla on the roads, pricing is not a big barrier for many. The number 1 problem is recharging the battery. It needs to be recharged as quickly as filling up petrol for a road trip. Else it's a huge problem to replace the mainstream fossil fuel machineries...

The crazy environmentalists are over promoting EV when a hybrid car will be better for most country

Laughter-13  Laughter-13

[+] 1 user Likes ROFLMAO's post

(02-01-2022, 10:01 AM)forum456 Wrote:  3 things must happen for EV to work.

To your point:

1. This can also be achieved by increasing the price of petrol car to close the gap

2. Yes in a way, but with reference to Malaysia, can you pump petrol at home? No, but you can charge your car at home.

3. If you can wait for 30 Min to charge your phone, then why can't you wait for 30 Min to charge your car?

I am not EV supporter. In fact, car is a mean of transport to bring me safely and cheaply from point A to B. So whether EV or petrol no diff to me.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Dont hope to use an EV in Malaisia.You will regret greatly.

Laughing