There is no way to overcome medical inflation cost for those with pre existing

First, Rayne Oh's medical bill at SGH.
[Image: SduNVrh.png]

Plse note a few facts;
1. Medishield Life is limited to $150K per year with all sorts of co pay and daily limits and surgery limits.

2. If you having pre existing conditions. Often insurance company don't allow you to buy riders or integrated plans. Pre existing is certain conditions like organ dysfunction, ..heart liver or more severe chronic illness. Insurer will turn you away.

4. These people are exposed to  very high risk of financial failure.

Many older folks are not well covered because of high costs of such riders so they cannot afford or pre existing conditions.

This risk will grow because medical.inflation is high.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

I am.more upset with WP than PAP for not pushing the govt hard enough to solve all these problems

I don't expect t the pap to have any initiative to solve problems but was hopeful the WP do something about it.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(12-12-2021, 10:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am.more upset with WP than PAP for not pushing the govt hard enough to solve all these problems

I don't expect t the pap to have any initiative to solve problems but was hopeful the WP do something about it.
Have you subscribe to RIDERS before you get pre-existing condition as you age? If not better buy now instead of scolding WP. They have enough of their own problems now to look after your interest. So dun hope for WP to get free riders for you. Betting on Lim Tean or PSP might give you better odds........ Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(12-12-2021, 10:17 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Have you subscribe to RIDERS before you get pre-existing condition as you age? If not better buy now instead of scolding WP. They have enough of their own problems now to look after your interest. So dun hope for WP to get free riders for you. Betting on Lim Tean or PSP might give you better odds........ Big Grin

I have done so and also bought for my mom ...she has high blood and gout. ...they say complications due to those not covered but I bought anyway.

Those like my neighbors either cannot afford rider or insurance turn away due to certain pre existing.

Such issues are not about me..or you.

It's says more about quality of policies in place.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(12-12-2021, 10:19 AM)5354 Wrote:  She paid nothing, you stupid fcuk!

Scums like you should learn to be like her

Instead of whining and hating PAP for no reason

I already have rider.(must I keep repeating)

Such issues are not about me
But problems in our society.

(12-12-2021, 10:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am.more upset with WP than PAP for not pushing the govt hard enough to solve all these problems

pap will throw away all proposals by any opp parties .
reasons:
not feasible
too time consuming
not worth it
till today  any proposals by opp parties got pap green light.
later pap saw the probleMs then come out to implement wht opp parties previously proposed  BUT NEVE NEVER MENTIONED WAS OPP PARTIES IDEAS.

(12-12-2021, 10:24 AM)talky Wrote:  pap will throw away all proposals by any opp parties .
reasons:
not feasible
too time consuming
not worth it
till today  any proposals by opp parties got pap green light.
later pap saw the probleMs then come out to implement wht opp parties previously proposed  BUT NEVE NEVER MENTIONED WAS OPP PARTIES IDEAS.

Medisheild life is the half baked solution after many years 

It solve a some part but is highly flawed.

Yes people through their own can buy rider and pay insurance to fix the flaws.

But why are the flaws there in the first place.

For certain groups they don't even have the option to fix...and are left dangling by the govt.

(12-12-2021, 10:26 AM)5354 Wrote:  Thanks to PAP, those with pre-existing conditions are covered by MediShield!

https://www.moh.gov.sg/home/our-healthca...conditions

You are covered by MediShield Life even if you have a pre-existing medical condition.

If your pre-existing condition is listed in the table below, you will need to pay 30% Additional Premiums for the first 10 years, after which you will pay the same standard premium as anyone else in your age group. You can use your MediSave to pay your MediShield Life premiums, including Additional Premiums.

Broad categories (Indicative examples (not exhaustive))

Cancer (Lung cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer)

Blood disorders (Aplastic Anaemia, Thalassemia Major)

Degenerative diseases (Parkinson’s Disease, Muscular Dystrophy, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS))

Heart or other circulatory system diseases (Heart attack, Coronary artery disease, Chronic ischaemic heart disease)

Cerebrovascular diseases (Stroke)

Respiratory diseases (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)

Liver diseases (Alcoholic liver disease , Chronic hepatitis, Fibrosis or cirrhosis of liver)

Autoimmune/ Immune System diseases (Systemic lupus erythematosus, Human Immunodeficiency Virus/ Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/ AIDS))

Renal diseases (Chronic renal disease, Chronic renal failure, Chronic nephritic syndrome)

Serious congenital conditions (Congenital heart disease, Congenital renal disease, Biliary atresia)

Psychiatric conditions (Schizophrenia)

Chronic condition with serious complications (Hypertensive heart disease, Hypertensive kidney disease, Diabetes with kidney complications, Diabetes with eye complications)

Under medishield life the limit is $150k....person does not have option to buy rider to cover higher expenses of they have certain pre existing.

If their house kena fire and they are burnt needed treatment similar to Raybe Oh...Medisheild life at most pay $150K....and still have 400K outstanding to pay out of pocket.

(12-12-2021, 10:32 AM)5354 Wrote:  Show a real example of a burn victim who cannot pay his/her bills

Rayne oh is a burnt victim her bill is 500K.
Can you explain how someone who cannot afford rider can pay for it?