Many left waiting at taxi stands during CNY, fares at least double for private-hire

'I've waited for about 30 minutes': Many left waiting at taxi stands during CNY, fares at least double for private-hire vehicles 

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ive-wa...ast-double

Tat -Tat is in charge of vehicles

He really cannot handle, plan, manage nor solve once a year problem.

Sack him, lah.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

[Image: B8LGZmh.gif]

WHY IS PHV ALLOWED TO INCREASE FARES AT A DROP OF A HAT
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

No money then don’t go out. Pay transportation also cannot still want to go out for what?

misleading? actually is PHV fare is More expensive than Taxi.

Thus this is why a lot wait at Taxi stand. Few days back, news on tv got interview some passengers waiting at Taxi Stand during CNY First day. They claim PHV is expensive the price thus they choose to wait for Taxi.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

MRT ; bus & train no increase prices....
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

PHV work on demand and supply algorithm. But sometimes this can go haywire. Also why from or to airport always so expensive think airport charge them $5 to go in or out so they pass the price into the overall price? Lucky I seldom take aeroplane so save a lot monies

(12-02-2024, 10:41 PM)sgh Wrote:  PHV work on demand and supply algorithm. But sometimes this can go haywire. Also why from or to airport always so expensive think airport charge them $5 to go in or out so they pass the price into the overall price? Lucky I seldom take aeroplane so save a lot monies

the app are purposefully tweak to go "haywire" at the consumer expense

buy a cat, no such problem.

(12-02-2024, 09:34 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  WHY IS PHV ALLOWED TO INCREASE FARES AT A DROP OF A HAT

PAP govt dept unable to answer, thus closed both their eyes.

our govt has sold our souls away. we place 101% trust in them solving our daily issues taking taxpayers money with $1+m salaries yet we get 3rd world standard of living. Why throw the taxi transportation into some private equity funds when it should be highly regulated by the govt? Raining and peak hours no taxi should fine the corporate companies not the drivers.

(13-02-2024, 10:12 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  PAP govt dept unable to answer, thus closed both their eyes.

Ah Shame never come out to shout support for Ah Tat?

Maybe he enjoing life at Rideouter.

Rotfl

(12-02-2024, 09:54 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  No money then don’t go out. Pay transportation also cannot still want to go out for what?

I agree that the 89% who don't own cars must be prepared to rent one or rely on the train and bus over the CNY period. If they wish to take a PHV or cab, then they are at the mercy of the drivers who wish to make a "killing" for working during the festive season. 

ta da is the most expensive of all phv
others quote ard32 tada quotes ard 50
are tada cars newer n cleaner ?

(13-02-2024, 10:15 AM)A2Z Wrote:  our govt has sold our souls away. we place 101% trust in them solving our daily issues taking taxpayers money with $1+m salaries yet we get 3rd world standard of living. Why throw the taxi transportation into some private equity funds when it should be highly regulated by the govt? Raining and peak hours no taxi should fine the corporate companies not the drivers.

govt will say , job and job again. Our GIC TS Holdings backend invest on Grab. Grab HQ in SG partly because MY Govt never invest on them when that time they seeking fundings. Our GIC TS Holdings go invest but condition is their HQ move to SG. In return so call create job for locals become PHV or food delivery rider.

(13-02-2024, 11:22 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I agree that the 89% who don't own cars must be prepared to rent one or rely on the train and bus over the CNY period. If they wish to take a PHV or cab, then they are at the mercy of the drivers who wish to make a "killing" for working during the festive season. 

If one hardly drives, I totally disagree you should rent a car during festive season. The cost, not withstanding chance of accident, will be much higher than getting a taxi or Grab ride.

Workers working during festive season are paid twice the usual amount, so why are we complaining that rides are twice as expensive? It's opportunity cost factored into the pricing rite? After all, those celebrating festives are having it because they are salaried and enjoying their off day rite?

Not in my backyard mentality...

(13-02-2024, 02:05 PM)Sticw Wrote:  If one hardly drives, I totally disagree you should rent a car during festive season. The cost, not withstanding chance of accident, will be much higher than getting a taxi or Grab ride. Workers working during festive season are paid twice the usual amount, so why are we complaining that rides are twice as expensive? It's opportunity cost factored into the pricing rite? After all, those celebrating festives are having it because they are salaried and enjoying their off day rite? Not in my backyard mentality...

Non-car owners who want the convenience of a vehicle - regardless of how much they actually drive - over the CNY period, must be prepared to pay for the rental. Those who leased a car for the festive period may have done so after experiencing the hassle/expense of trying to get a cab or PHV in previous years.

Dealing with long waits at taxi stands during CNY sounds like a real headache. It's tough when you're just trying to visit family and get caught up in transportation delays. And those doubled fares for private-hire vehicles? That's adding insult to injury!When it comes to finding reliable transportation, especially during peak times like CNY, it's worth exploring alternatives like transfers from Miami. They offer a fantastic service with Twelve Transfers. It might be worth considering for future travels, saving you both time and the frustration of waiting in long lines or paying exorbitant fares.

(12-02-2024, 09:34 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  WHY IS PHV ALLOWED TO INCREASE FARES AT A DROP OF A HAT

PHVs are like the pirated taxis of the good old days in S'pore. They rob, plunder and profit from the misery of those w/o a car.

(17-03-2024, 01:21 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  PHVs are like the pirated taxis of the good old days in S'pore. They rob, plunder and profit from the misery of those w/o a car.

I beg to differ. In the so called good old days in Singapore, the public transport is not as advanced as today. Today mrt is able to bring people to most parts of Singapore. Buses can reach more ulu places compared to the past. Today people want to take taxi or phv is more due to being pampered rather than a need to do so.