Singapore’s first SPAC debuts four months after rule change, closes 1% higher

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/singapor...igher.html

(20-01-2022, 08:56 PM)RichDad Wrote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/20/singapor...igher.html

Got people buy empty shell companies ……

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(20-01-2022, 08:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Got people buy empty shell companies ……

Must be biz insiders buying first. Later they sell their company to the SPAC.

(20-01-2022, 08:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Got people buy empty shell companies ……

It's not a pure empty shell ...but a company with purely cash waiting to acquire a business.

People are buying an unknown business with their money...
It's like...you give me money...I shop for a business for you.

U can  imagine how this is abused if person running it has no ethics.

I will definitely stay far far away.

Even of they honestly look for a business they are under pressure to use the money .and the company newing acquire has the leverage in a negotiation  ..

Throw in Temasek backing this particular SPAC it's carrot head reputation means rhe other party will ttake advantage... look at the Bayer deal.....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(20-01-2022, 09:03 PM)RichDad Wrote:  Must be biz insiders buying first.  Later they sell their company to the SPAC.

Buy they going to buy start up and likely they are not profitable … go prepare them to go bust or no dividend for 2-3 years at least

(20-01-2022, 09:17 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It's not a pure empty shell ...but a company with purely cash waiting to acquire a business.

People are buying an unknown business with their money...
It's like...you give me money...I shop for a business for you.

U can  imagine how this is abused if person running it has no ethics.

I will definitely stay far far away.

Even of they honestly look for a business they are under pressure to use the money .and the company newing acquire has the leverage in a negotiation  ..

Throw in Temasek backing this particular SPAC it's carrot head reputation means rhe other party will ttake advantage... look at the Bayer deal.....

Termasick SPAC listing is call cashing out …. passing the buck to a next carrot