This Guy is Talking About His Loss in Alibaba…

I already posted together with my take on this.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I saw one big Malaysia blogger ex broker bet all his assets on Alibaba. Big Grin

Many questioned his decision. He said he kNow what he is doing. Let it be....

If u see Friday, alot of Chinese stocks are in red, USA listing. China USA are definitely moving away from each other.

It will be a different world 10yrs from now.

Smile

(13-03-2022, 04:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I already posted together with my take on this.

This guy talked very confidently in his previous videos like an expert but now he is not sure what he is going to do. Better dunt follow his advice.

(13-03-2022, 04:25 PM)Niubee Wrote:  I saw one big Malaysia blogger ex broker bet all his assets on Alibaba. Big Grin

Many questioned his decision. He said he kNow what he is doing. Let it be....

If u see Friday, alot of Chinese stocks are in red, USA listing. China USA are definitely moving away from each other.

It will be a different world 10yrs from now.
That's a terrible move.
I bet 3% of my funds on alibaba I lost one third 

Now that it is 2% of my holdings I was thinking....ah just let go because the volatility in this 2% Is draining me emotionally

If 100% I think he would have sleepless nights and constant nightmare.

The exit path people are think about is to move there stock to HK should delisting happen.

Problem with that is valuation on HK exchange is very blow and cannot absorb so much float.

One case study is Beigene. It  is listed on 3 exchange but 50% of its stock is in US. When it go for its third listing in shanghai the valuation drop by 50% in a few weeks ....the when the US hit it with the 3yr delisting rule it dropped another 10^.  The stock is highly promising given uts cancer treatment recently again approval around the world and is a big cash cow.
All the regulatory issue just come one after another nobody looks at this world class company with potential massive upside.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

This guy is the sales type of financial advisor, not a financial analyst. I have warned before that his videos must be seen with a pinch of salt. People that speak well and confidently on Youtube are not necessarily experts.

(13-03-2022, 04:50 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  This guy talked very confidently in his previous videos like an expert but now he is not sure what he is going to do. Better dunt follow his advice.

We are talking about  stocks. Any stock can go to zero if unexpected events occur no matter how confident one is.

You have to discuss the risk before the stock sink not after.

An example of a risk for alibaba is govt decide to nationalise these platform businesses.

Stock is a dangerous past time to indulge in. Once you are overcome by greed, you can ended up worst than dead. Even experts like Jesse Livermore also died broke....... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

That be fare to him nobody can predict what happen next if can there will be no poor people

(13-03-2022, 04:58 PM)starbugs Wrote:  This guy is the sales type of financial advisor, not a financial analyst. I have warned before that his videos must be seen with a pinch of salt. People that speak well and confidently on Youtube are not necessarily experts.

True but even the best proven experts got Alibaba wrong ....for now. Charlie Munger ...98yr old partner of Warren Buffet bought alibaba at $200....then average down to $100.

Not that he is 100% wrong already. 
He bought BYD it fell 50% from where he bout then shoot up 23 times from his buying price.

What he does it many the size of the position so that if he gets it wrong it does not pull his long term performance down badly.

The problem is I see many bloggers and Youtubers put in 70% or 100%.

If it is below 5% of your money you just hold to the end.

Buy diversified hs tech etf. No need worry about individual stock. I got it on Friday. 70 cents. Every 10c drop I go on again. See who win.

(13-03-2022, 05:11 PM)Cmpunk Wrote:  That be fare to him nobody can predict what happen next if can there will be no poor people

Well said, no body can predict the price of stocks.....

(13-03-2022, 05:14 PM)guffaw Wrote:  Buy diversified hs tech etf. No need worry about individual stock.

That too is getting killed. I bought at 90cts now 70cts and sinking.

Reminds me of dot com bubble....from nasdaq 6000 fall to 4000 many people start buying but bottom was 1400. 
But  today it is 13000 so even the buy who bought at 4000 tripled his money....but had you kept buying until it turned you would have made much more...you can apply some simple rules....you always make PROVIDED things come back.

There is a very very small chance the COMMUNiST party of China really become communist then all your shares get nationalised and turn imto toilet paper

all comie dogs lick & fight so hard for their china yet never buy any china stock? all these not liar then is 汉奸.
They bark here till can die for china yet dont own any china share, got moronshere believe? so all these comie dogs here buy US stock like tesla to fxxk china?
HK prosperous under freedom, right & lawful, but now is lawless & no choice, so HSI going to see 8000 as below video? deserve it. If 8000, alibaba at HKD 30 or 20? or today HSI only worth 8000, ton more down side to go like Russia stock today?
lost financial center? how about unpeg HKD & lost financial system? Not ccp problem, then HK people or US problem? my foot, crash it,let them blame & complain, who F care.

【恆指見8000點?】香港失去國際金融中心地位,成為大陸三個炒股檔頭之一,估值只有8000點!

[+] 1 user Likes kokee's post

(13-03-2022, 05:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That too is getting killed. I bought at 90cts now 70cts and sinking.

Reminds me of dot com bubble....from nasdaq 6000 fall to 4000 many people start buying but bottom was 1400. 
But  today it is 13000 so even the buy who bought at 4000 tripled his money....but had you kept buying until it turned you would have made much more...you can apply some simple rules....you always make PROVIDED things come back.

There is a very very small chance the COMMUNiST party of China really become communist then all your shares get nationalised and turn imto toilet paper

I bought at 70c last Friday. I would not know if this is already the bottom, but it has dropped from high of 1.80. if it drops more I would buy additional 2 times more for every 10c drop. Then keep it. That's then plan.

Like you said, tech stocks are very volatile now due to interests rate hikes but market priced in a lot already of that for that. Further drop could be for geopolitics risk.

But end of the day, can't be the entire China tech industry jump down the building.

(13-03-2022, 05:14 PM)guffaw Wrote:  Buy diversified hs tech etf. No need worry about individual stock. I got it on Friday. 70 cents. Every 10c drop I go on again. See who win.

sure kena ffugged hard hard

(13-03-2022, 05:26 PM)kokee Wrote:  all comie dogs lick & fight so hard for their china yet never buy any china stock? all these not liar then is 汉奸.
They bark here till can die for china yet dont own any china share, got  moronshere believe? so all these comie dogs here buy US stock like tesla to fxxk china?
HK prosperous under freedom, right & lawful, but now is lawless & no choice, so HSI going to see 8000 as below video? deserve it. If 8000, alibaba at HKD 30 or 20? or today HSI only worth 8000, ton more down side to go like Russia stock today?
lost financial center? how about unpeg HKD & lost financial system? Not ccp problem, then HK people or US problem? my foot, crash it,let them blame & complain, who F care.

【恆指見8000點?】香港失去國際金融中心地位,成為大陸三個炒股檔頭之一,估值只有8000點!

This guy is really bearish  but what he says make no sense.
The HK market is not a bubble now and quite cheap so there is no room for PE contraction.

For HSI to sink to 8000 and stay there HK GDP has to shrink l by more than half. or have interest rates at 8%...these are the only 2 ways for stock to drop short of China govt confiscating profits. It is very unlikely.

I for one will be very interest in buying of it ever gets below 18000..

I still see HK market dropping due to 3 things covid, war and china slowdown....all of these are temporary events and should go away.

not sure why ppl like to show off boasting how smart they are in the forum or youtube.
if make money just keep quiet. if lose money be more humble and learn from mistake
that's all

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.