This OCBC shit, believe those with Paynow accts are sent the sms

Likely it is those whose phone numbers are also Paynow accts with OCBC are scamned

I suspect the Paynow accts phone numbers are either leaked or it is an inside job

Someone who knows the protocol well and so this scam is very targetted and hijacking the OCBC sms channel can be done within or through knowing the sms header weakness

Unlikely is a one man job, it is a syndicate
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

So many aspects were stand down during the convening of this scam

Like in 911 WTC, the jets were deployed away from Manhatten and Dick Cheney ordered a stand down during the attack!
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(19-01-2022, 07:23 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Likely it is those whose phone numbers are also Paynow accts with OCBC are scamned

I suspect the Paynow accts phone numbers are either leaked or it is an inside job

Someone who knows the protocol well and so this scam is very targetted and hijacking the OCBC sms channel can be done within or through knowing the sms header weakness

Unlikely is a one man job, it is a syndicate

But Paynow has quite a few banks participating in it. DBS, UOB, Stanchart, BOC, Citi, Maybank, CIMB, HSBC etc.

Strange that only OCBC kena.

so paynow not safe

(19-01-2022, 07:50 PM)Levin Wrote:  But Paynow has quite a few banks participating in it. DBS, UOB, Stanchart, BOC, Citi, Maybank, CIMB, HSBC etc.

Strange that only OCBC kena.

Like i hv said, and please for fk sake, stay alert and dun digress ...Only Paynow accts from OCBC were targetted because the scammers hv the OCBC Paynow customer list, either inside job or leaked

(19-01-2022, 07:52 PM)Talent Wrote:  so paynow not safe

Highly likely the scammers got hold of all the OCBC Paynow customers phone list

(19-01-2022, 07:52 PM)Talent Wrote:  so paynow not safe

paylater safe   Rotfl

Need to find the cause and rectified it.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

should refuse to use smartphone for any kind of transaction
until its un scammable
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

Till now I have no paynow. When I do transaction in carousell many were shocked. I said I deal cash. Because I am 老江湖。 Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

Those promote what scanned and transact I tell them to F...k off. I see so many loopholes in civil service. I have no confidence in them. Now one thing I need to do is to cancel my debit card with UOB. It can be used for $200 transaction without keying pin. If you drop it that's it.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(19-01-2022, 07:55 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Highly likely the scammers got hold of all the OCBC Paynow customers phone list
This is highly suspect, that the scammers have OCBC paynow handphone list........
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

So far besides Singapore did same type of scam happen in any other country banks?