This is what PM lee is amazed at China in recently visit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOMelffwjys

SG do " testing " I do know schools got implement test drive but is not in a long distance yet.

actually you go Garden by the bay also is auto driven the mini cart which carry people to the main entrance.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

This can't compare with those vehicles running in busy city routes.  

(05-04-2023, 09:14 PM)webinarian Wrote:  This can't compare with those vehicles running in busy city routes.  

I wonder if it is practical to have driver-less vehicles on busy city routes............? Big Grin

China's securities, technologies, capabilities, etc., have greatly improved during the pandemic. The people also look different, the younger generation.

for fixed route, self driving vehicle is ready. but wills till need a driver as anything wrong still can control. bus too many people life to leave it to hand of machine. at least not for a start.

All the scholars here dunno do what to justify their ships  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(05-04-2023, 09:21 PM)debono Wrote:  I wonder if it is practical to have driver-less vehicles on busy city routes............? Big Grin

Need 5G infrastructure first. Rotfl
Dont laugh! My hp seldom appears 5G signal indication.

He is going to step down soon, who will care about him. Ah Wong shd go China instead.
As he is not pro China at all but CECA.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-04-2023, 09:21 PM)debono Wrote:  I wonder if it is practical to have driver-less vehicles on busy city routes............? Big Grin

It's not practicality matter.  

It is whether it has the technology that can drive vehicles safely in the city.  

Shocked that PM can still be surprised.
From being more technologically advanced than China 20 years ago until now that we lag China technologically by 20 years .
Singapore has been too conservative and close minded.

(06-04-2023, 12:45 AM)Truebluesg Wrote:  Shocked that PM can still be surprised.
From being more technologically advanced than China 20 years ago until now that we lag China technologically by 20 years .
Singapore has been too conservative and close minded.

Lazy as civil servant aka stay in comfort zone.