Why do people develop prejudice against others

Why do people develop prejudice against others

Meta AI: Prejudice against others can arise from a complex mix of factors, including:

1. Social and cultural conditioning: People may learn prejudiced attitudes and beliefs from their family, community, or culture.
2. Lack of exposure and understanding: Limited interaction with people from different backgrounds can lead to misconceptions and stereotypes.
3. Fear and insecurity: Feeling threatened by changes in society, economic instability, or perceived competition for resources can fuel prejudice.
4. Cognitive biases: Humans tend to categorize people into groups, leading to an "us versus them" mentality and potential discrimination.
5. Historical and systemic factors: Prejudice can be perpetuated by institutional and structural factors, such as discriminatory laws, policies, and practices.
6. Individual experiences and trauma: Negative personal experiences or trauma can shape one's perceptions and attitudes towards certain groups.
7. Social identity theory: People may adopt prejudiced views to maintain a positive self-image and group affiliation.

It's important to recognize that prejudice is a learned behavior and can be unlearned through education, empathy, and exposure to diverse perspectives.

Birds of same feathers flock together

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

This is why we are still a human being.
Dont waste your time chasing for $$$.
You wont bring them to next life.

开始修身和修心。
Learn to let go.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Prejudice affects both the rich and the poor. When I was a young PME starting out on my career, I lived in a HDB flat and relied on public transport, certain people looked down on me. Now that I am approaching my mid-50s, own 2 private properties and 2 luxury cars, some of my acquaintances envy or even hate me.  
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post