Those who voted TKL, TCB and TJS in 2011 will vote TKL

Those who vote Tony Tan in 2011 will vote either NKS or Tharman.

Basically the game changer is TjS and TCB endorsement of TKL will transfer support to him. Based on 2011, the total vote is 65%.

The remaining 35% who voted Tony Tan will be split between Tharman and NKS. Should be 25% to Tharman and 10% to NKS

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Once TJS and TCB endorsed TKL we saw the smear campaign ramped up over "pretty girls" and misrepresentation of his views.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Tharman will still win one lah, but I like to see PAP gov kanchiong... Laughing

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

[Image: tkl.jpg]

(28-08-2023, 01:12 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Tharman will still win one lah, but I like to see PAP gov kanchiong... Laughing

So far they not kanchiong

If the gov and plp keep saying president is just a ceremonial role and not as important as GE, then everybody should go vote TKL because whoever do also doesn't matter to the country. So pangsim, just vote TKL for change.

(28-08-2023, 01:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who vote Tony Tan in 2011 will vote either NKS or Tharman.

Basically the game changer is TjS and TCB endorsement of TKL will transfer support to him. Based on 2011, the total vote is 65%.

The remaining 35% who voted Tony Tan will be split between Tharman and NKS. Should be 25% to Tharman and 10% to NKS

PAP vs Oppos lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

That's wishful thinking. Almost all my friends who voted for TCB previously will not vote TKL this time.

Those that chose TCB because of his non-partisan position are supporting NKS, while those that voted TCB because of his former role in West Coast are supporting Tharman. Only a few choose TKL as he is the only Chinese speaker.

Do a straw poll of your own friends to check if you want.
[+] 2 users Like starbugs's post

(28-08-2023, 01:53 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  I ask my friends and everyone I come across 

Who they will vote

None said tkl

Either Tharman or NKS

Young voters all NKS, most females NKS

Elderly voters, Tharman

your supporters are PAP supporters.

your above observation shows that PAP supporters are split between Tharman and NKS.

(28-08-2023, 01:58 PM)starbugs Wrote:  That's wishful thinking. Almost all my friends who voted for TCB previously will not vote TKL this time.

Those that chose TCB because of his non-partisan position are supporting NKS, while those that voted TCB because of his former role in West Coast are supporting Tharman. Only a few choose TKL as he is the only Chinese speaker.

Do a straw poll of your own friends to check if you want.

Sgtalk poll shows that TKL has more than 60% support.

(28-08-2023, 02:06 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Nope, one is a staunch WP supporter, he said NKS

i checked with 5 friends, they agree with the below :

Tharman - supports PAP and PM lee
NKS - supports PAP ,PM Lee and LKY
TKL - supports opposition

why we vote opposition into parllament ?
because only opposition can check on the govt.

who can check on the govt corruption ?
It is the job of opposition to check on the govt.
you cannot expect PAP people to check on the govt.

TKL is the best President to check on govt corruption.

(28-08-2023, 02:27 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  you can vote tkl but he will not win

Because his votes will be less than 10%

The other 90% goes to Tharman and NKS

Either Tharman or NKS will be Singapore's next President

PAP Ministers like Shanmugam thinks Tharman will win

Tharman supporters think he will win

But I think they will be disappointed 

Because LKY has RISEN

I respect your reason to vote for NKS.
different people have different reason to vote.

I do not vote for him because he is non-partisan or independent or PAP or opposition.
There is no point having a independent and non-partisan President but cannot work for me.

I vote for him because he is the best President to work for me.
I want a President who will expose the govt corruption immediately and not wait for 3 years.

(28-08-2023, 02:31 PM)forum456 Wrote:  I respect your reason to vote for NKS.
different people have different reason to vote.

I do not vote for him because he is non-partisan or independent or PAP or opposition.
There is no point having a independent and non-partisan President but cannot work for me.

I vote for him because he is the best President to work for me.
I want a President who will expose the govt corruption immediately and not wait for 3 years.

YOU MUST VOTE FOR A PRESIDENT WHO CAN WORK FOR YOU.
YOU ARE THE BOSS.

(28-08-2023, 02:36 PM)forum456 Wrote:  YOU MUST VOTE FOR A PRESIDENT WHO CAN WORK FOR YOU.
YOU ARE THE BOSS.

if you vote for Tharman or NKS, do you think they will listen to you and work for you ?

I think TKL will be a better listener and servant to work for me.

(28-08-2023, 02:39 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Please go ahead and vote for tkl

And see if you are the boss or the oppie arsehole

Who helped Tharman win

just look at Minister BALA and Tan Chuan Jin in parliament.
they looked down on people and bad mouthed the opposition MPs.

Tharman and NKS will behave the same when they become President !

(28-08-2023, 02:48 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  Ng Kok Song: They are dragging the presidential election into gutter politics

why he never criticises PM Lee for gutter politics when PM Lee asked George Yeo and Tony Tan to run for President in 2011.

if NKS dares to criticise PM Lee, I will vote for NKS.

(28-08-2023, 02:53 PM)forum456 Wrote:  why he never criticises PM Lee for gutter politics when PM Lee asked George Yeo and Tony Tan to run for President in 2011.

if NKS dares to criticise PM Lee, I will vote for NKS.

PM Lee asked Tony Tan and George to run is not gutter politics.

if Tan Cheng Bok asked TKL to run is gutter politics.

NKS is a hypocrite because he only criticised TKL.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(28-08-2023, 01:10 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Once TJS and TCB endorsed TKL we saw the smear campaign ramped up over "pretty girls" and misrepresentation of his views.
These are their old styles and usual tactics. Nothing new as many citizens already knew it. TKL had already said that media always make it a big issue. Even Prof Tommy Koh also remarked that reporters like to edit and change his version of speech. Wonders why such reporters are not POFMA?

(28-08-2023, 02:58 PM)forum456 Wrote:  PM Lee asked Tony Tan and George to run is not gutter politics.

if NKS and Tharman dare not criticise PM Lee and the govt when the govt is wrong, they cannot be good President.
if they dare not talk and criticise, how can they take any action ?

it is better to vote TKL who dare to criticise the govt when the govt is wrong .
TKL has the courage to criticise, he will have the courage to take action.

(28-08-2023, 03:13 PM)forum456 Wrote:  if NKS and Tharman dare not criticise PM Lee and the govt when the govt is wrong, they cannot be good President.
if they dare not talk and criticise, how can they take any action ?

it is better to vote TKL who dare to criticise the govt when the govt is wrong .
TKL has the courage to criticise, he will have the courage to take action.

a simple example.

you want to employ a guard who will run away when he sees a robber or employ a dog who will bark and attack the robber ?

i will vote for the dog!
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(28-08-2023, 03:17 PM)forum456 Wrote:  a simple example.

you want to employ a guard who will run away when he sees a robber or employ a dog who will bark and attack the robber ?

i will vote for the dog!

The dog that barks and wags its tail for its master is a good dog lah! Big Grin

(28-08-2023, 02:58 PM)forum456 Wrote:  PM Lee asked Tony Tan and George to run is not gutter politics.

if NKS dares to criticise PM Lee for gutter politics, I will vote for NKS !

(28-08-2023, 01:08 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who vote Tony Tan in 2011 will vote either NKS or Tharman.

Not so simple lah. Voting tkl is not the same voting TCB, tjs.

Tharman is way more popular than kfc

12 yrs gone , voters changed, now more young voters who wont be swayed by 2 oldies.

Instead swing voters might be wary of TKL who suddenly became like partisan.

(28-08-2023, 02:53 PM)forum456 Wrote:  why he never criticises PM Lee for gutter politics when PM Lee asked George Yeo and Tony Tan to run for President in 2011.

if NKS dares to criticise PM Lee, I will vote for NKS
apologies

u will never hv answer to this q

The percentage of votes, as conducted in our semi-official POLL are as follows
THL = 62.2%
Tharma = 23.5%
NKS = 5.1%
Blank votes/Undecided =9.1%

SEE FULL RESULTS AND DETAILS HERE
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Based-on-relia...ndslide-is
[+] 1 user Likes SGMarket's post

(28-08-2023, 05:36 PM)SGMarket Wrote:  The percentage of votes, as conducted in our semi-official POLL are as follows
THL = 62.2%
Tharma = 23.5%
NKS = 5.1%
Blank votes/Undecided =9.1%

SEE FULL RESULTS AND DETAILS HERE
https://sgtalk.net/Thread-Based-on-relia...ndslide-is

See the real result on Sep 1 Friday more important lah! Big Grin Who win who lose still don't know lah!
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post