Three Malaysians enter Harvard University

Must attract them to Sg after graduation. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-04-2023, 08:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Until now nobody can explain what js so great about a Harvard education. Just that it is branded and others think it is good.

Harvard teach some secret knowledge one cannot attain on Coursera or in YouTube Videos?

If one wants to learn you don't have to go to Harvard to learn. It's all there you just have to make the effort to find it. And if you can't put in this effort, I don't see how a Harvard education can help you or is such a big deal

you are a genius, Harvard is not good enough for you.

(05-04-2023, 08:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Until now nobody can explain what js so great about a Harvard education. Just that it is branded and others think it is good.

Harvard teach some secret knowledge one cannot attain on Coursera or in YouTube Videos?

If one wants to learn you don't have to go to Harvard to learn. It's all there you just have to make the effort to find it. And if you can't put in this effort, I don't see how a Harvard education can help you or is such a big deal

Harvard knowledge can be learnt by anyone outside Harvard.

To publish academic papers in top tier journals/conferences, you cannot do it on your own.
You need mentors in Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, MIT to help you.

In AI, I have not seen students in local universities published papers in top tier conferences for years.
Top AI papers are dominated by top universities in USA.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(05-04-2023, 10:40 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Harvard knowledge can be learnt by anyone outside Harvard.

To publish academic papers in top tier journals/conferences, you cannot do it on your own.

In AI, I have not seen students in local universities published papers in top tier conferences for years.

OIC........ Big Grin

if you want to find a good professor or mentor so that you can also become a professor.

do you think you can find the best professor in Harvard or NUS ?

in short, top universities have the best funding, best professors and best competition to be world champion
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(05-04-2023, 10:45 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if you want to find a good professor or mentor so that you can also become a professor.

do you think you can find the best professor in Harvard or NUS ?

It is a obvious answer................. Big Grin

To ah butt, harfood or stamfood is not as good as youtube where he has many master grade mentors
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(05-04-2023, 11:00 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  To ah butt, harfood or stamfood is not as good as youtube where he has many master grade mentors

Some ppl went to Harvard University to touch this statue’s shoe, hope to make them become smarter. 

[Image: IMG-4844.jpg]
[Image: IMG-4845.jpg]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-04-2023, 07:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Harvard is very good? They have knowledge we cannot find kn the Internet or from ChatGPT?

What is so great about Harvard?

let take a practical example.

up to now, China still cannot come up mRNA vaccine for COVID.
why top professors in top universities in China cannot help China ?

if you want to become a vaccine professor, do you go to top university in China or USA ?

Harvard is good overall but it's not the best in certain fields. For example, some of the lesser known universities are better in engineering than Harvard. So if you want to study engineering or IT, then Harvard is not the place for you.

(05-04-2023, 08:02 AM)debono Wrote:  Harvard had consistently been named the best university in the world.  Therefore graduates from this university are well sort after.............. Big Grin

Malaysia Boleh, Singapore Boeh.  Rotfl

(06-04-2023, 03:22 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Malaysia Boleh Rotfl , Singapore Boleh.  Tongue

Majulah Singapura.  Clapping

(05-04-2023, 10:40 AM)forum456 Wrote:  Harvard knowledge can be learnt by anyone outside Harvard.

I see... now i understand Harvard students are those that need help and mentoring....

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.