Tightened COVID-19 pre-departure test requirements for more countries, regions

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...nd-2157806

All inbound travellers from Category II, III and IV countries or regions will need to produce a negative pre-departure COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result taken within 48 hours before departure to Singapore.

MOH said these travellers will still be subjected to an on-arrival PCR test, corresponding stay-home notice and testing regime as well as another test at the end of their stay-home notice period.

Category I: Hong Kong, Macao, Mainland China and Taiwan
Category II: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the Republic of Korea
Category III: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Sweden and Switzerland
Category IV: All other countries and regions

Previously, travellers from Category III and IV countries or regions were required to produce a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before departure to Singapore.

Japan is in Cat 3 and the USA is in Cat 4

Category 1 are all Chinese speaking regions

pretest there no problem.. after few hours of flight come here test positive... It has been happening all these while. unless tested positive in SG they have to u-turn back immediately, otherwise what is the different between new and old measurement?

Actually what is the original arrangements prior to this change? They keep changing until I lose track.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..