TikTok could replace Facebook as the world's biggest social media platform....

I have a ten-year-old niece named Divya (not her real name) in rural northern India. Two years ago, I visited and she came running to hug me. I asked what was the best gift I could give her, and all she wanted was for me to follow her on TikTok. 

Divya posts videos of her Bollywood dances and loves receiving likes  for them. With around 10,000 followers, she already thinks she is a superstar. I didn’t have a TikTok account when she asked me to follow her, but, naturally, I signed up and have been enthusiastically supporting her ever since. 

On seeing the news that Meta’s share price lost US$200 billion (£148 billion) in a day, and that Mark Zuckerberg was blaming TikTok, I  must admit that my first thought was that Divya must be doing really well with her Bollywood dance videos. But joking aside, after more than a decade in which Facebook (now rebranded as Meta) has seemed impregnable as the superpower in social media, with nearly 3 billion monthly active users, it suddenly looks possible that this may not continue forever. 

TikTok has over 1 billion monthly users, and its user base has virtually doubled in the past year. As my niece Divya exemplifies, it’s heavily skewed to younger users, with under 19s making up 25% of the total, potentially giving it a major advantage for the future. 

More at https://shrtco.de/rA5oYT

fb actually is quite primitive. for example, it's very difficult to search for certain posts or even your own. the market place is aso very 乱七八糟
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink?'s post

I must be very old-fashioned. I can't see the allure of tiktok.

(13-02-2022, 03:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I must be very old-fashioned. I can't see the allure of tiktok.

You must be a very boring person!  Tongue

Reflecting on Divya's TikTok journey from two years ago brings back fond memories! Her passion for Bollywood dances and the joy she spreads through her videos remain timeless. It's amazing how social media, like TikTok, can connect people across the globe and empower individuals to showcase their talents.With 10,000 followers, Divya's confidence as a TikTok superstar continues to inspire. If she's still pursuing her passion for dance on the platform, she might find new ways to enhance her presence and engagement. getlikes.shop could offer helpful insights and tools to further amplify her reach and receive even more likes.

For a while I thot TS becum smelly ahneh Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/China-t...r-face-ban

Why tik tok so popular with such an ugly format compare to Youtube? When someone posted a tik tok clip, normally I skipped.     Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Tiktok号召1.7亿用户,与美封杀计划背水一战

(13-03-2024, 09:28 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  

Tiktok号召1.7亿用户,与美封杀计划背水一战

If you cant beat them, ban them 🤣
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post