Time for Spore to firm up CoV exit strategy: Experts

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/h...t-strategy

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Quote:Prof Tambyah added: "I think that we will be able to accept around 100 to 200 deaths a year which would be an improvement from the more than 500 deaths a year we used to see with influenza."

I think this is the key implication that many people (esp the unvaccinated) have not realised. One death every other day from Covid if we reopen.

(05-08-2021, 08:59 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I think this is the key implication that many people (esp the unvaccinated) have not realised. One death every other day from Covid if we reopen.

For economic reasons our gates are still open to travelers.... Big Grin

THE ONLY EXIT STRATEGY IS TO HAVE ENOUGH HOSPITAL BEDS AND ICU UNITS TO COPE AND WE ARE ALL SET FOR NORMALCY.

ARE WE CAPABLE OF DOING THIS?

IF WE CANT THEN FOR HEAVENS SAKE COVID IS NOT GOING TO PANG CHANCE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE VACCINATED.

AND WHO PREDICTED THAT THERE WILL BE MORE DEADLY VARIANT COMING?

SO IF NORMALCY IS WHAT SG MUST HAVE, THEN BE READY.

ELSE DONT EVEN BOTHER!
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

(05-08-2021, 09:07 PM)menghuii Wrote:  THE ONLY EXIT STRATEGY IS TO HAVE ENOUGH HOSPITAL BEDS AND ICU UNITS TO COPE AND WE ARE ALL SET FOR NORMALCY.

ARE WE CAPABLE OF DOING THIS?

IF WE CANT THEN FOR HEAVENS SAKE COVID IS NOT GOING TO PANG CHANCE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE VACCINATED.

AND WHO PREDICTED THAT THERE WILL BE MORE DEADLY VARIANT COMING?

SO IF NORMALCY IS WHAT SG MUST HAVE, THEN BE READY.

ELSE DONT EVEN BOTHER!
What a strongly worded statement... Clapping Clapping

Exit strategy? Exit out of endemic?  
Vaccinated still cannot go overseas... still need to wear masks...need annual booster?  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(05-08-2021, 09:43 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Exit strategy? Exit out of endemic?  
Vaccinated still cannot go overseas... still need to wear masks...need annual booster?  Big Grin

Looks like an annual booster may be required.. Big Grin