Time to buy this new laptop!

https://youtu.be/v0rhBaGAaVU

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

My old laptop was Sony’s Vaio, very good quality, still can use after a decade.

My new laptop Lenovo is small,slim and light, however battery will run out even after I shut down the laptop. Dunt know how to resolve this issues.

currently I have 2 co laptops in my possession. hardware warranty of one of them has already lapsed but it’s still in good condition. only abt 4 year-old. I’m gonna place a bid to buy it over…the lowest bid is $50. will talk to my IT colleague to see how to go about it such that i can be sure of owning it  Shutup

(01-09-2022, 09:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  My old laptop was Sony’s Vaio, very good quality, still can use after a decade.

My new laptop Lenovo is small,slim and light, however battery will run out even after I shut down the laptop. Dunt know how to resolve this issues.

my sony vaio has long gone kaput.....it's still with me though. donno what to do with it...

(01-09-2022, 09:33 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  my sony vaio has long gone kaput.....it's still with me though. donno what to do with it...

Dunt throw away, new laptops are not as good as Sony laptops

(01-09-2022, 09:01 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  My old laptop was Sony’s Vaio, very good quality, still can use after a decade.

Go and update your Laptop Bios or reset your Bios to default mode. See whether it helps.
Use Lenovo App which is normally pre-installed for Bios firmware update.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

foldable screen can't last long. if you have a lot of money no where to waste, can buy to shiok for a short period of time

[Image: 169099-E5-1243-4-B6-A-B1-DF-90-C4-EA1-F74-E5.jpg]

Bios Update.

Need to install Lenovo Vantage app.

https://youtu.be/KvC8bNJTvDU

Buy new laptop lah
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(01-09-2022, 10:18 PM)happyharvest Wrote:  foldable screen can't last long. if you have a lot of money no where to waste, can buy to shiok for a short period of time

This is the general trend… 
The idea is good!

Alway do a disk cleanup especially clean up system file. Without doing it, after some time you will find your laptop is very slow in booting up or down, slow in downloading as well as slow in using some software application.

This clip got teach you how to do clean up system file.

https://youtu.be/QF3QiLRuPMk

If you want new batteries for the laptops, some of the batteries are available at SL.

(01-09-2022, 10:46 PM)theold Wrote:  If you want new batteries for the laptops, some of the batteries are available at SL.

She already said new laptop. If it is battery problem, can go for battery exchange as the warranty still not over yet. I guess. 
Lenovo service centre is at Funan centre.

I dont think battery can drain so fast as it is a new laptop.
Shd be some issue in her laptop.

(01-09-2022, 10:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is the general trend… 
The idea is good!

idea good but won't last long. I see other people with foldable screen fold until the screen cannot be all flat liao

(01-09-2022, 10:57 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  She already said new laptop. If it is battery problem, can go for battery exchange as the warranty still not over yet. I guess. 
Lenovo service centre is at Funan centre.

I dont think battery can drain so fast as it is a new laptop.
Shd be some issue in her laptop.

Not battery problem, it is design of Lenovo , after you shut down the laptop, the battery is still running.

https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/product...ad-ideapad

(01-09-2022, 11:37 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Not battery problem, it is design of Lenovo , after you shut down the laptop, the battery is still running.

battery running to support what function of the laptop that is already shut down ?

(01-09-2022, 11:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/product...ad-ideapad

so hibernate will solve the problem?

(01-09-2022, 11:41 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/product...ad-ideapad

only for window 10. upgrade to window 11 will solve the problem ?

(02-09-2022, 12:25 AM)happyharvest Wrote:  battery running to support what function of the laptop that is already shut down ?

Nothing…maybe is in standby mode, it shouldn’t be like that as I already shut down the laptop never wanted it to stand by.

(02-09-2022, 12:28 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Nothing…maybe is in standby mode, it shouldn’t be like that as I already shut down the laptop never wanted it to stand by.

Disable some windows features, can extend battery life.
Some mobile phone can last 5 yrs without major issue, Laptop should able to last longer unless you are heavy gamer.

(02-09-2022, 12:37 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Disable some windows features, can extend battery life.
Some mobile phone can last 5 yrs without major issue, Laptop should able to last longer unless you are heavy gamer.

Nothing to do with battery life…the problem is the laptop is still active after shutdown, which causes battery run out.

Forum got alot experts, sometimes the maker will post out some pictures but not every time can solve the problem. You try clear the doubt by resetting bios or update the bios firmware first. This is the first way to troubleshoot laptop/computer hardware issue. But before updating Bios firmware, remember to plug in power supply.

I have seen many laptop troubleshooting clips before, the makers most of times are quite “smelly”
They will void your warranty if they found something strange in your laptop.

I also have a Lenovo laptop, I dont have this issue.

I still find that old laptop still lasting. You can see those refurnished old laptop still quite useful