Tiong Seng's condo projects in Balmoral, Orchard hit hard by cooling measures

Tessa Oh
PUBLISHED 54 MINS AGO

Tiong Seng said the prices and transaction volume of non-landed private homes have declined in the first quarter of the year because of the latest measures.

In particular, homes in the core central region, where the two projects are located, were "hardest hit by the cooling measures with higher additional buyer's stamp duty rates for foreign buyers", said Tiong Seng.

Sloane Residences is a freehold 12-storey condominium located in Balmoral Road in District 10. Tiong Seng said 20 out of a total of 52 units have been sold. It expects the sales of the remaining units to pick up, with units ready for buyers to move in when the project is completed in mid-2022.

As for Cairnhill 16, a 15-storey freehold condominium located at 16 Cairnhill Rise in District 9, none of the 39 units have been sold. Sales and marketing started early this year, and the project is targeted for completion in the second half of 2023.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...g-measures

Just cut price more then see if it moves...1-2% drop and they say very tough.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It is good time to cool the property market.   

With Fed rising interest, USD will be attracted to move back to US.  

Another financial crisis may be in the making with the withdrawal of USD from most other countries. . 

In 1996, we had a cooling measure in 1996 and that prevented us from being hit like other Asian countries in 1997.  

Good move.  

Rich asian people look at the developer name Tiong Seng ah tiong name they dont even want to see liao...they go for trusted high end developer. Price is not a factor.

Tiong Seng can change name to more atas name.

(18-04-2022, 08:55 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Rich asian people look at the developer name Tiong Seng ah tiong name they dont even want to see liao...they go for trusted high end developer. Price is not a factor.

Tiong Seng can change name to more atas name.

walaneh,, Laughter-13

fh at these areas are at around $3000 psf. small developments not attractive to this group of buyers

(18-04-2022, 08:22 AM)Levin Wrote:  Tessa Oh
PUBLISHED 54 MINS AGO

Tiong Seng said the prices and transaction volume of non-landed private homes have declined in the first quarter of the year because of the latest measures.

In particular, homes in the core central region, where the two projects are located, were "hardest hit by the cooling measures with higher additional buyer's stamp duty rates for foreign buyers", said Tiong Seng.

Sloane Residences is a freehold 12-storey condominium located in Balmoral Road in District 10. Tiong Seng said 20 out of a total of 52 units have been sold. It expects the sales of the remaining units to pick up, with units ready for buyers to move in when the project is completed in mid-2022.

As for Cairnhill 16, a 15-storey freehold condominium located at 16 Cairnhill Rise in District 9, none of the 39 units have been sold. Sales and marketing started early this year, and the project is targeted for completion in the second half of 2023.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...g-measures

Trust me it is going to get worse....
Now the picture seems like business as usual.. but now the young punks, start to calculate. High COE, high petrol, high foodstuffs, high dining outings.
Then when it comes to property, they realise even if they take the cheapest condo, they are going to be a slave for the banks for their lifetime.

Trust me, it’s about time, the property developers start making losses for the next two to three years. Because they need to cut prices by 20 to 30%, NOT 2 to 3%, to attract customers. Because the young punks now realise that even with their increase in salaries it is not sustainable to maintain paying for the loans of their condo.... don’t forget with the property, comes the maintenance fee, utility bills, property taxes, conservancy charges, management council fees, sinking funds etc etc etc etc... and your fridge, washing machine, televisions, computers, ovens, lightings, even beds and furniture etc etc etc cannot last forever, needs renewal every ten years, and renovations 15 years... unless you want your house to look like a rubbish dump after 10 years.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(18-04-2022, 10:14 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  Trust me it is going to get worse....
Now the picture seems like business as usual.. but now the young punks, start to calculate. High COE, high petrol, high foodstuffs, high dining outings.
Then when it comes to property, they realise even if they take the cheapest condo, they are going to be a slave for the banks for their lifetime.

Trust me, it’s about time, the property developers start making losses for the next two to three years. Because they need to cut prices by 20 to 30%, NOT 2 to 3%, to attract customers. Because the young punks now realise that even with their increase in salaries it is not sustainable to maintain paying for the loans of their condo.... don’t forget with the property, comes the maintenance fee, utility bills, property taxes, conservancy charges, management council fees, sinking funds etc etc etc etc... and your fridge, washing machine, televisions, computers, ovens, lightings, even beds and furniture etc etc etc cannot last forever, needs renewal every ten years, and renovations 15 years... unless you want your house to look like a rubbish dump after 10 years.

" Parents RICH " You mention Young Punks, partly their earnings not say worst doing as security or cleaner job just 1.2k or so

even so call Grab Food delivery, PHV can earn " 8k " per month " which Some riders show , but behind these earnings surely " is about rush and rush "

I don't know. Atas Condo, GCB , landed house in fact STILL have people buying even now economics , etc don't seem yet good back to pre covi on top war still around.

look at the Resale HDB flat, again million of course that is Duxton recently I not. "surprise Mainstream media going to claim SRX here and there mention resale HDB flat sales good "

One thing, quite a lot young couple choose buy a Resale flat instead go for BTO as need to wait now even longer due to Covi19 issue, War , misc factors.

I see people STILL buying car , Own car despite Expensive etc. Mainstream Media just mention Sales on EV car increase

I don't know how these people go their money , whereas on the other side , people scrap for money , save , don't spend unncessary etc.

Sti is really fake/cornered as other indexes are already below the 200moving averages. It has a double top formation.

With yield inversion, energy and food prices rocketed sky prices due to the never ending ukraine/russia war a drastic slowdown is just the corner. Smart move by PM to pass the baton no eyes see.

(18-04-2022, 10:21 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  " Parents RICH " You mention Young Punks, partly their earnings not say worst doing as security or cleaner job just 1.2k or so

even so call Grab Food delivery, PHV can earn " 8k " per month " which Some riders show , but behind these earnings surely " is about rush and rush "

I don't know. Atas Condo, GCB , landed house in fact STILL have people buying even now economics , etc don't seem yet good back to pre covi on top war still around.

look at the Resale HDB flat, again million of course that is Duxton recently I not. "surprise Mainstream media going to claim SRX here and there mention resale HDB flat sales good "

One thing, quite a lot young couple choose buy a Resale flat instead go for BTO as need to wait now even longer due to Covi19 issue, War , misc factors.

I see people STILL buying car , Own car despite Expensive etc. Mainstream Media just mention Sales on EV car increase

I don't know how these people go their money , whereas on the other side , people scrap for money , save , don't spend unncessary etc.

that's true. those lh at southern waterfront, $2200 to $2400 all or almost all taken, some are going for $2700, $3500, $3700 psf.

This year fomc has 6 more meetings.

Every meeting will have interest rate raise

Smile

(18-04-2022, 10:47 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  that's true. those lh at southern waterfront, $2200 to $2400 all or almost all taken, some are going for $2700, $3500, $3700 psf.

because " some rich are actually profit A LOT during Covi19 period depend which industries of course, whereas some got spare funds so go around see which seller selling cheap desperately for hard cash as other side, some business owners lose money during Covi19 now worst with War on going cannot endure their business in order to keep going have to sell off some of their assets to get hard cash for their business keep going if want or just want money reinvest again venture on different things"

(18-04-2022, 12:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  because " some rich are actually profit A LOT during Covi19 period depend which industries of course, whereas some got spare funds so go around see which seller selling cheap desperately for hard cash as other side, some business owners lose money during Covi19 now worst with War on going cannot endure their business in order to keep going have to sell off some of their assets to get hard cash for their business keep going if want or just want money reinvest again venture on different things"

yr ultra rich uncle how? got buy any?