Today I picked up another discarded fan and fixed it...

This is the 20th fan I have fixed. 90% of the time a fan is spoilt because of faulty capacitor. 

You just need to remove it and replace with a new one. It takes just 5 minutes.

In case you don't know how a capacitor looks here is the picture of the one I took out. You can just use one with same or slightly higher rating when you do the replacement.

[Image: 9Awtti3.jpg]

You can buy this online for $2 .

After I fix the fan I will ask around to see who needs it and give it away.

Hate to see waste and things being thrown away just because a $2 component fails

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Ah but good can do crowd funding and repair those unwanted items and donate to the poor and needy

reali arr.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Heng ar

I replaced the entire motor coil
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

Gd to do occasionally. If too often becum karang guni
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Fix wrong can cause 🔥?

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Should collect from all over thr island into your location to be fixed and redistribute out again. Theres easily 10million units to move in and move out for this fix.
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

(29-07-2023, 11:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is the 20th fan I have fixed. 90% of the time a fan is spoilt because of faulty capacitor. 

In case you don't know how a capacitor looks here is the picture of the one I took out. You can just use one with same or slightly higher rating when you do the replacement.

Hate to see waste and things being thrown away just because a $2 component fails

so far all my KDK and Panasonic fans became super noisy so had to retire them................every month wash them got use oil to lubricate even...............noisy can't fix right ?
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(29-07-2023, 03:25 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so far all my KDK and Panasonic fans became super noisy so had to retire them................every month wash them got use oil to lubricate even...............noisy can't fix right ?

can

got to know how to replace it with SEAL BEARING

got to know how to disassemble the motor coil
[+] 1 user Likes grotesqueness's post

(29-07-2023, 03:25 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  so far all my KDK and Panasonic fans became super noisy so had to retire them................every month wash them got use oil to lubricate even...............noisy can't fix right ?

Typically sleeve bearing  fans wear off faster and become noisy....as worn out parts start to rub against each other...

Get  ball bearing fan instead with 10yr motor life span.These fans come with 6yr warranty vs 1yr warranty of sleeve bearing fans

https://www.pelonistechnologies.com/blog...aring-fans

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

like dat sgBudd will lose reputation being seen always at the Bin

(29-07-2023, 11:45 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  This is the 20th fan I have fixed. 90% of the time a fan is spoilt because of faulty capacitor. 

Rename SgKaranguni

Smile

with fake climate change and tioTOX puTOX tioTaxxed
those at the Bin are seen less often.
Rising prices especially foods give them less energy
people begin to age at a fast rate.
hard to imagine sgbut can continue to be a samaritan
with no let up Ambassadors r renamed social ambassadors
with new uniforms
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

why never buyed new one using your stock winnings insteads

used fan i feel abit gross duno what kind of things kanan blowed through the fan blades before then when uses on ownself is like all those stuff is blowed into ownself...blades can clean but duno got what bits stuck inside the bearings and parts which are inaccessible which kanan blowed out
Frown

people are mean and scary
i dont know how they judge me
i dont know what they think about me
Sad 
[+] 1 user Likes zzzzzzz's post

You have such weird pastimes.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

Can consider this home based business "Ah Butt Appliance Repair Shop" business shd be very good

China's richest woman zhan yin aka Queen of trash, made her billions from recycling

(29-07-2023, 05:11 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote:  why never buyed new one using your stock winnings insteads

used fan i feel abit gross duno what kind of things kanan blowed through the fan blades before then when uses on ownself is like all those stuff is blowed into ownself...blades can clean but duno got what bits stuck inside the bearings and parts which are inaccessible which kanan blowed out
Frown

Aliyah just open up vacuum all the gunk out. The whole idea is to extend the life of the fan so you won't need a new one...its called recycling...its not about money to buy new one