Today is Labor Day ...and for S'pore labor it has been getting worse

Labor day around the world marks a day of protests as workers voice their unhappiness and vent their anger.

In Singapore Street protests qre outlawed and Singaporeans after 5 decades have forgotten how to protests. Have we also forgotten about the plight of workers as increasingly  Singapore society takes on a self centered attitude towards life..if a person does well he can't b bothered  about others.

In the last decade things have deteriorated  for many Singaporeans.

Below is a para from report made by researchers from NUS summarising the plight of our workers. It tells us much of the govt propaganda telling us workers are now better off is untrue.

[Image: j5WO3xU.jpg]
https://fass.nus.edu.sg/srn/2021/10/18/i...the-young/

Propaganda is just a way to do nothing  and convince apathetic Singaporeans that nothing serious is happening.
But reality Is very different from the rosy picture they try to paint.

A growing number of our young have to take up what are know as gig economy jobs without medical or retirement benefits. Almost like our forefathers who work as rickshaw riders our young deliver food on bicycles - a laborious job that pays little. Many endure the low income and long hours and growing number cannot start families due to financial hardship.

It is as if progress has forgotten about ordinary workers in a country where politicians are paid the highest salaries in the world.

This sad state is going to just get worse with relentless rise in cost of living. Yesterday it was reported with covid  travel restrictions removed, employers are preparing to bring in foreigner workers? How does this improve the lives of Singaporeans as claimed by politicians? If importing people improves our lives how come after 20yrs of labor imports we are in this state?

We are supposed to trust and support all this?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

The generation of workers that build Singapore up from a 3rd world country to the first are not getting their fair share and many live in poverty.

The govt controls vast amounts of wealth created by these pioneer generation of workers. Many of them will not be with us a decade from now .

[Image: SVqVpVL.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

LKY smart to BAN it

and make NTUC = PAP , PAP = NTUC

Longest working hour in the world…
By right with technology progress, we shd work less but the logic is reversed. Who is the devil behind it manipulating the logic? Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: JoaTd8r.jpg]

Depends which side you are on. If you a boss, unions are a bane.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(02-05-2022, 07:10 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Depends which side you are on.  If you a boss, unions are a bane.

It is Labor Day not boss day....

One day rest and today work again..

Sheep better learn to keep queue and stay in queue for slaughterhouse. The Lion lords are getting pissed and will soon accelerate the slaughtering process.

News reported that half the population here are foreigners

They are likely attracted to SG to become rich like Jac

Remaining rich citizens are too contented

Why would they even think of others?

PAP Culture is- You die your problem.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(02-05-2022, 09:29 AM)FangFang Wrote:  One day rest and today work again..

Today may day you working?

(02-05-2022, 08:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is Labor Day not boss day....

Should have employer holiday? Laughing

(02-05-2022, 06:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Longest working hour in the world…
By right with technology progress, we shd work less but the logic is reversed. Who is the devil behind it manipulating the logic? Rotfl

Greedy PAP claim is Elderly " happy " to work than also claim working will get your mind " active " will not get dementia so

also increase your retirement age till 70.

But tactically speaking Private sectors WILL not retain staff work till 70s. Unless you are in the higher management. Will see how.

Is more on Civil servants now they can retire at 70s or mid 60s
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Shoot Blank Queen made things worse

by increasing the Retirement age and Re- employment Age

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/re...ephine-teo

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Actually nothing to celebrate about for this Labour Day.
My thought is that this 2 years since the beginning of the covid, many people became jobless.
Many people especially older workers find themselves out of job and unable to get any jobs.
Many also able to get a new suppressed jobs.
And life is definately not easy especially rising cost here and there.
So, no celebration but rather stay at home, save money for raining days.
Nobody can help you except yourself.

(02-05-2022, 05:53 PM)Ola Wrote:  Shoot Blank Queen made things worse

The issue is whether employers want older staff to work for them or not.
I do not they n going to shift the goal post of CPF.

Praying

(02-05-2022, 05:53 PM)Ola Wrote:  Shoot Blank Queen made things worse

If life has been improve and workers better paid and cost of living contained why is workers have to keep working longer and longer.

More are dying before they enjoy one day of retirement as they lengthen working life.

Tough road ahead.
Move one step at a time.
Lots o obstacles in the path.
Life is not easy .
We are in struggle to put food on the table.

How is this high stress. High cost of living. High inequality. High job insecurity....how is all this good?

I am not saying these as generalisations ..but Singapore scores almost the worst in the world for each of these.

[Image: VXtR64m.jpg]
[Image: xHRgV5F.jpg]
[Image: 109A2N5.jpg]

(02-05-2022, 07:02 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: JoaTd8r.jpg]

Yes locals are indeed very stress out and burn out in many ways at work.
One prominent is the boss / managers.
They are the one who causes unnecessary mental and physical stress to their staff.
Especially those Trash manager.

(02-05-2022, 12:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The generation of workers that build Singapore up from a 3rd world country to the first are not getting their fair share and many live in poverty.

The govt controls vast amounts of wealth created by these pioneer generation of workers. Many of them will not be with us a decade from now .

[Image: SVqVpVL.jpg]

What i am more worry is those groups might not be able to work in the office anymore and were probably forced to work in fast food, cleaners, toilet cleaners, security guards.

(02-05-2022, 12:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: j5WO3xU.jpg]

Poverty
There will always be poverty even in the most advanced and wealthiest country.  I will be blunt here, but some people screwed their lives.  Just look at those who got into gang fights, who chose to cheat, steal, and laze about, or live on their father's money.  And those who gamble.

It is not always the government's faulty, but oppies like to take videos of them and say "See! POVERTY in first world Singapore!"

Income Gap
Suppose everybody is earning between $2000 and $3000 a month.  I said EVERYBODY.  That would make all of us second world,  No one is a lot richer than anyone else.  You could be slightly richer but you are not waaay richer.

And everybody is contented. Nobody says he is suffering.

Now, let's say 5% of us are earning more than $10K, and the rest are earning the above-mentioned.  Ah! now the oppies say "Income gap!  Income inequality!"

This is not income inequality.  This is envy and jealousy.  You are no suffering just because you don't earn more than $10K a month.  You are suffering from a burning jealousy, and the oppies will exploit that to try to bring the government down.

This is why foreigners shake their heads when they read our forums and the oppies claim to be poor.   They know that the oppies are lying through their teeth.  How can sinkies be poor when they can afford to line up for a Swatchmoon watch.  Now we opened up again, and the malls are packed.  The Causeway is jammed.  Sinkies are poor?  Poverty?  Income inequality?

Come on.

The only way to eradicate income inequality, and to go for Income Equality is to become a communist country.

Some oppies want that.

In Singapore, the vast majority of us are middle incomers.

A small percentage is poor.

A small percentage is rich.

The oppies and their IBs use the small percentage of poor to stir the middle incomed group (the majority) and also the low incomed group, to stir up the jealousy of the group which is rich. They say "Income inequality!"

They want to make the rich fall back to the middle of the curve? And Singapore becomes a communist country.

The most fatigued nation  Big Grin

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

In the May Day rally, i heard LW keep calling Bro Chee Meng. I am worried now.

Smile

(03-05-2022, 11:15 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  The most fatigued nation  Big Grin

This is due to work stress, mentally and physically.
And usually come back from work, one immediately KO...no strength to chat with family members.

[+] 1 user Likes Hfourhappy's post

(03-05-2022, 10:52 AM)Oyk Wrote:  The only way to eradicate income inequality, and to go for Income Equality is to become a communist country.

Some oppies want that.

In Singapore, the vast majority of us are middle incomers.

A small percentage is poor.

A small percentage is rich.

The oppies and their IBs use the small percentage of poor to stir the middle incomed group (the majority) and also the low incomed group, to stir up the jealousy of the group which is rich.  They say "Income inequality!"

They want to make the rich fall back to the middle of the curve?  And Singapore becomes a communist country.

I did not say eradicate inequality but Singapore has the worse jnequality among developed countries...so there is room for improvement.

(02-05-2022, 12:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Labor day around the world marks a day of protests as workers voice their unhappiness and vent their anger.

In Singapore Street protests qre outlawed and Singaporeans after 5 decades have forgotten how to protests. Have we also forgotten about the plight of workers as increasingly  Singapore society takes on a self centered attitude towards life..if a person does well he can't b bothered  about others.

In the last decade things have deteriorated  for many Singaporeans.

Below is a para from report made by researchers from NUS summarising the plight of our workers. It tells us much of the govt propaganda telling us workers are now better off is untrue.

[Image: j5WO3xU.jpg]

Propaganda is just a way to do nothing  and convince apathetic Singaporeans that nothing serious is happening.
But reality Is very different from the rosy picture they try to paint.

A growing number of our young have to take up what are know as gig economy jobs without medical or retirement benefits. Almost like our forefathers who work as rickshaw riders our young deliver food on bicycles - a laborious job that pays little. Many endure the low income and long hours and growing number cannot start families due to financial hardship.

It is as if progress has forgotten about ordinary workers in a country where politicians are paid the highest salaries in the world.

This sad state is going to just get worse with relentless rise in cost of living. Yesterday it was reported with covid  travel restrictions removed, employers are preparing to bring in foreigner workers? How does this improve the lives of Singaporeans as claimed by politicians? If importing people improves our lives how come after 20yrs of labor imports we are in this state?

We are supposed to trust and support all this?

You dare to protest or not leh? Many countries are protesting and rioting violently leh!

ah butt only protests inside his flat