New variant spreading in the UK could be 10% more infectious than Delta

Dr. Catherine Schuster-Bruce 12 hours ago

England's public-health authority said in a report on Friday that it was monitoring a subtype of the Delta variant called AY.4.2

data about AY.4.2 suggested it could be 10% more transmissible than the most common Delta variant in the UK, called AY.4.

As of September 27, 6% of UK sequenced tests were AY.4.2

the variant was "rare" outside of the UK, with only three cases detected in the US so far.

The virus that causes COVID-19 gets about two new mutations per month, and there are now 56 Delta descendants

Before AY.4.2, PHE tended to group Delta and its descendants together.

https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-va...uk-2021-10
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

very filthy ppl, creating so many viruses
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

The Mexican wave did not ends.

Those idiot Indians in India. Still dare to tit- for- tat against UK for Quarantine! ~

It is their fcking virus causing many deaths around the world now. Only PAP is afraid of them like mouse.

https://www.starnews9.com/india-retaliat...uarantine/

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(20-10-2021, 08:29 AM)Levin Wrote:  https://www.businessinsider.com/delta-va...uk-2021-10

I think I have read someone posted an article that says Virus after each mutation will become weaker in killing rate although it might become more infectious.

The report said the new UK variant called AY.4.2, is 10% more infectious than variant Delta, so it is just a matter of weeks this new variant will arrived Singapore with the newly opened VTL flights.

We are now in the process of exiting Covid as 85% of the population had been vaccinated and death rate reduced with many just suffering mild symptom or asymptomatic which made living with Covid virus and achieving herd immunity possibly by April 2022 latest as I heard from our leaders.

If this new UK variant called AY.4.2, is less deadly than Variant Delta but more infectious by 10%, I think we should still be able to continue the path to herd immunity and get out of the woods. So most important now is to establish whether this new UK variant called AY.4.2, is more deadly than the Variant Delta or less deadly.............. Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

it should come to Singapore since Singapore has opened up to more countries.

PAP govt can handle up to 10,000 cases per day without problem.

(20-10-2021, 10:10 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  I think I have read someone posted an article that says Virus after each mutation will become weaker in killing rate although it might become more infectious.

The report said the new UK variant called AY.4.2, is 10% more infectious than variant Delta, so it is just a matter of weeks this new variant will arrived Singapore with the newly opened VTL flights.

We are now in the process of exiting Covid as 85% of the population had been vaccinated and death rate reduced with many just suffering mild symptom or asymptomatic which made living with Covid virus and achieving herd immunity possibly by April 2022 latest as I heard from our leaders.

If this new UK variant called AY.4.2, is less deadly than Variant Delta but more infectious by 10%, I think we should still be able to continue the path to herd immunity and get out of the woods. So most important now is to establish whether this new UK variant called AY.4.2, is more deadly than the Variant Delta or less deadly.............. Rolleyes

It is not a matter whether the new variant virus is more deadly than the Delta  virus, but if it is a mutated version of the Covid-19 virus, then it concerns us more. The end result of a mutated virus is very disturbing for all mankind............ crying

(20-10-2021, 10:27 AM)debono Wrote:  It is not a matter whether the new variant virus is more deadly than the Delta  virus, but if it is a mutated version of the Covid-19 virus, then it concerns us more. The end result of a mutated virus is very disturbing for all mankind............ crying

Someone posted a scientific study earlier that seems to say mutated versions normally become weaker in killing people although it might become more infectious. So must find out whether this new UK variant has more killing power than variant Delta or not. If less killing power, no worries and can continue with our current trajectory of living with virus...... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(20-10-2021, 10:40 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Someone posted a scientific study earlier that seems to say mutated versions normally become weaker in killing people although it might become more infectious. So must find out whether this new UK variant has more killing power than variant Delta or not. If less killing power, no worries and can continue with our current trajectory of living with virus...... Rolleyes

I can share your thoughts....... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(20-10-2021, 10:43 AM)debono Wrote:  I can share your thoughts....... Clapping

Glad that we are on same book..... Big Grin

Carl Jung

nudie nudie nudie

(20-10-2021, 10:47 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Glad that we are on same book..... Big Grin

I am happy to note that we are usually on the same page, I feel elated...... Clapping

I still recall that last month the developer of the AstraZeneca vaccine Sarah Gilbert claimed that there is nowhere else for the Covid variant to mutate. This is the kind of attitude that continuously helped to prolong the pandemic. Everyone attends football matches mask off in the UK etc.

https://www.livemint.com/science/health/...21890.html