Studying Buffett's 5 major investments into Japanese conglomerates

[Image: U1eqdeN.jpg]

He started buying these stocks in 2020.

Collectively, the dividends paid by these companies increased by 70% during his holding period 

While these stocks are not easily purchased by retail investors in Singapore, their financial results are avaioable for us to study.

Let's take Itochu  a fairly large conglomerate.

There is the typical conglomerate discount but at the heart of it ...it is just classic value investing. Low price  to fre cash flow and free cash flow growing double digits every year. The last factor is subjective is these companies have smart disciplined management that are consistent in their acquisitions.

All these companies are similar in their characteristics.

Buffett doubled his money in 3 yrs in these japanese investments.

[Image: mu10XjI.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

He is 92. You think his brain still hosay bo?

(16-04-2023, 07:28 AM)dynamite Wrote:  He is 92. You think his brain still hosay bo?

Seems to be okay but not as sharp and when he was in his 50s when he found and took many bold positions.

These investments are probably found by his team not by him directly.

Buffett personally got involved in these particular investments after they were discovered because the founders of these companies have the save value mindset like himself and were building these businesses same way he build Berkshire. He wrote letters to each of them and visited them.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.