Tommy Koh :Singapore has too many poor people in our country.

https://www.facebook.com/tommy.koh.752/p...qDjLEn8cwl

Tan Chay Bing was the oldest son of the legendary philanthropist, Tan Kah Kee.
Mrs Tan Chay Bing was a very close family friend. In her will, she created an education fund in the name of her late husband. The income of the fund is to help needy students in Singapore. 

The trust fund is administered by HSBC Trustee. DJ Tan, the son of Mr and Mrs Tan Chay Bing and I decide on how to distribute the income to the many institutions which ask for our help. 
Yesterday we met with our two fund managers to find out how much income we have earned for this year. We then met with the representatives of the various institutions. 

The representative of SMU told us that one-third of their students are in financial need. The representative of LaSalle College of the Arts told us that 40 percent of their students are in financial need. 

These are shocking numbers but this is what inequality looks like. According to the Government’s latest report, the Gini Coefficient in Singapore, before transfers, is 0.44. 

The bottom line is this: Singapore may be a very wealthy country but there are too many poor people in our country.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(08-12-2022, 01:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.facebook.com/tommy.koh.752/p...qDjLEn8cwl

Tan Chay Bing was the oldest son of the legendary philanthropist, Tan Kah Kee.
Mrs Tan Chay Bing was a very close family friend. In her will, she created an education fund in the name of her late husband. The income of the fund is to help needy students in Singapore. 

The trust fund is administered by HSBC Trustee. DJ Tan, the son of Mr and Mrs Tan Chay Bing and I decide on how to distribute the income to the many institutions which ask for our help. 
Yesterday we met with our two fund managers to find out how much income we have earned for this year. We then met with the representatives of the various institutions. 

The representative of SMU told us that one-third of their students are in financial need. The representative of LaSalle College of the Arts told us that 40 percent of their students are in financial need. 

These are shocking numbers but this is what inequality looks like. According to the Government’s latest report, the Gini Coefficient in Singapore, before transfers, is 0.44. 

The bottom line is this: Singapore may be a very wealthy country but there are too many poor people in our country.

We the citizens of this nation already know this fact. Only the MIW refuses to see and recognise the situation. Everyday they are enclosed in their ivory tower and choose not to see beyond their walls.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 4 users Like surfer's post

pap will say singaore poeple are happy and 1K salary can buy HDB flat

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html
[+] 2 users Like wendychan's post

Nothing wrong with being poor.
Large number of Singaporeans are poor.

All we ask is for the govt not to make things worse for the poor.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(08-12-2022, 01:25 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Nothing wrong with being poor.
Large number of Singaporeans are poor.

All we ask is for the govt not to make things worse for the poor.

That is not going to happen. Those so called freebies will not be able to cover their costs of living in the next few years to come.

tomorrow will be a better day

Walao only now then he knows and got a shock?

By Tommy Koh's standard, i am also poor.

Yet we have Temasick using monies of poor and rich people

to set up Temasick Trust to help the poor

Who approved them to use our CPF to do Charity

but using their name?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Every country will have poor people but Singapore has such a small population that seems impossible for our Govt to manage. With the run away repercussion of inflation accerlerated with GST increase, I believe that average income earners 4 years ago is now the " NEW Poor" of Singapore.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Is he going to run for president?

tummy going to be PE candidate?

(08-12-2022, 01:22 PM)surfer Wrote:  We the citizens of this nation already know this facts. Only the MIW refuses to see and recognise the situation. Everyday they are enclosed in their ivory tower and choose not to see beyond their walls.
They are always not facing the truths and facts. They are an outright shame.

He was a top public servant for his whole life.

What has he done?

Then he should donate all his money to help

Just look at how many sinkie need to work until drop beyond retirement ish can know liao. Sad

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.
[+] 2 users Like Soulhacker's post

(08-12-2022, 02:59 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Then he should donate all his money to help
Why shd he donate? There are so much losses that tenasek thrown into investments shd hv donated out for a better cause instead.

(08-12-2022, 01:24 PM)wendychan Wrote:  pap will say singaore poeple are happy and 1K salary can buy HDB flat

they never ask you 3 meals in restaurants, food court or hawker center can steal smile liao.

https://theindependent.sg/tommy-koh-back...o-scandal/

Tommy Koh backs out in less than 2 hours of offer to resign over Fernando scandal

this Tommy Koh faster up lorry better lah.................save taxpayers' money.................Lee KILL You mati liao then start to speak up........

That is why I say, maids here are likely richer than 25% percentile

Base on "SAVINGS" they have each month

it should be too many rich people in singapore

Tommy boy, you quite well off, why not take out 1/2 of your wealth and donate to them?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

A typical jlbee.

(08-12-2022, 01:22 PM)surfer Wrote:  We the citizens of this nation already know this fact. Only the MIW refuses to see and recognise the situation. Everyday they are enclosed in their ivory tower and choose not to see beyond their walls.

Pap ministers are totally disconnected with the ground. With their $million salary how would they know how the poor are suffering. And this govt still have the illusion that GST is to help the poor.
[+] 2 users Like Instinct's post

Mothership news, 2020

". . . .but over 700,000 have less than S$13,500 to their name"

(08-12-2022, 06:52 PM)Instinct Wrote:  Pap ministers are totally disconnected with the ground. With their $million salary how would they know how the poor are suffering. And this govt still have the illusion that GST is to help the poor.
PAP ministers are surely disconnected with the ground. What salary they get per year can last them their lifetime, but the poor are always with us, and  that the poor needs to pay more for their goods and services, and it is not helping the poor but becomes a burden to the poor amongst us........... crying Angry

(08-12-2022, 09:54 PM)debono Wrote:  PAP ministers are surely disconnected with the ground. What salary they get per year can last them their lifetime, but the poor are always with us, and  that the poor needs to pay more for their goods and services, and it is not helping the poor but becomes a burden to the poor amongst us........... crying Angry
If these ministers hv a heart for the citizens, they shd donate half of their yearly salary to charity. If they do this, I wil definitely vote for them. But, I knew this wil never happens. So, my vote can never goes to them.

(08-12-2022, 10:28 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  If these ministers hv a heart for the citizens, they shd donate half of their yearly salary to charity. If they do this, I wil definitely vote for them. But, I knew this wil never happens. So, my vote can never goes to them.

Bro. you are asking the impossible to happen.  The MIW still feel that they are underpaid and overworked......... crying Angry
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(08-12-2022, 10:33 PM)debono Wrote:  Bro. you are asking the impossible to happen.  The MIW still feel that they are underpaid and overworked......... crying Angry
Bro, Unfortunately, citizens don’t feel what they feel.

(08-12-2022, 11:01 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Bro, Unfortunately, citizens don’t feel what they feel.

But they are elected by the people into political office, and thence they have the advantage of calling the shots........ Big Grin