Too high rents could result in vacant stalls for owners: Desmond Lee

Too high rents could result in vacant stalls for owners: Desmond Lee on multimillion-dollar coffee shop resale prices

Read more 📍 https://bit.ly/3ORZ7qv

Follow @AsiaOnecom for all the latest updates.

Any dump people also know this basic. But if there are no nearby coffeeshops we have no choice but eat at that coffee shop at high prices.
[+] 3 users Like A2Z's post

This Desmond Lee is so Clever. No wonder he is a MP. He can analyse property machanism so well.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

Another PAP idiot, lah

High rent means sell high price for the food

and make customers bankrupt

Just like High salary PAP

make tax payers poorer

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

HDB kopi tiam is to serve heartlanders with affordable food because the rent is lower. But now HDB let it become free play for the market, for sure businesses with exploit it to the fullest. Do you think the food will be affordable. 

They guy that bought the 41m kopi tiam, for sure uses bank loan and want to get good returns. You think the rent will be low?

Devil Lee know NUTS …. no one day in pte sector … Tampenis residents ….. good luck

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

it could be a group of investors coming together to monopolize a selected area. if workable the idea may spread.

Actually not say true,

I just read else where is Chang Cheng bid the coffeeshop ownself do.
AKA means they don't intend to rent out is ownself selling.

v simple
hdb raise the hawker ctr rents saying keeping in line w market forces
so the gap is not so wide

u scratch my back i do likewise.
in the end poor sillyporeans suffer
mp n ministers NEVER SUFFER 
JUST TALK ONLY

(06-07-2022, 04:38 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Actually not say true,

I just read else where is Chang Cheng bid the coffeeshop ownself do.
AKA means they don't intend to rent out is ownself selling.

Really? How many stalls in the coffee shop? If 20 stalls, owner can handle all the stalls ah?....... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(06-07-2022, 05:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Really? How many stalls in the coffee shop? If 20 stalls, owner can handle all the stalls ah?....... Thinking

V NAIVE TO SAY THAT 
even if he does not rent out he will not  sell the food like b4 
it does not made sense  if cant recover cost in next 20 30 yrs.
follow pap govt ideas :
market forces determine the price

(06-07-2022, 05:18 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Really? How many stalls in the coffee shop? If 20 stalls, owner can handle all the stalls ah?....... Thinking

just one stall also can sell. Wow lau this concept already happen for years just look at JB .

Some coffeeshop inside just only one stall selling cai peng and he/she is the owner of the coffeeshop.

Some coffeeshop in SG also , just only one stall sell one type of foods beside drink.

(06-07-2022, 05:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  just one stall also can sell. Wow lau this concept already happen for years just look at JB .

Some coffeeshop inside just only one stall selling cai peng and he/she is the owner of the coffeeshop.

Some coffeeshop in SG also , just only one stall sell one type of foods beside drink.

No joke? If the recent coffee shop owner paid $40 million for the shop to just sell drinks and cai png can survive ah? You must be looking at those small old townhouse coffee shop in Oxley Road or something...... Thinking

Carl Jung

Locals are not that dumb 

Locals know that food price will increase when the stalls need to pay higher rent

Locals know that owners will need to increase rent since they pay such a high price to buy over the kopitiam 

Locals also know who is helping them and who is not helping them 

No need to tell locals about got help or got no help

(06-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  No joke? If the recent coffee shop owner paid $40 million for the shop to just sell drinks and cai png can survive ah? You must be looking at those small old townhouse coffee shop in Oxley Road or something...... Thinking

they surely got " plan for the future " see how it go aka Business plan what.
I already mention heard is that Cai peng Chang Cheng bid on. You look at them , so many branches around SG in various coffeeshop.

Must be earning profits so now bid one whole coffeeshop
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(06-07-2022, 05:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  they surely got " plan for the future " see how it go aka Business plan what.
I already mention heard is that Cai peng Chang Cheng bid on. You look at them , so many branches around SG in various coffeeshop.

Just show one HDB coffee shop selling only one stall for proof lah. Every time talking craps without support.....  Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(06-07-2022, 05:55 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  they surely got " plan for the future " see how it go aka Business plan what.

Zi char stall also popular. My place one zi char stall Huat n bought the whole kopi shop under the name 
Never heard of chap Chye png Huat.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(06-07-2022, 06:06 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Zi char stall also popular. My place one zi char stall Huat n bought the whole kopi shop under the name 
Never heard of chap Chye png Huat.

Dunno HDB allow their coffee shop to be converted into restaurant. If allow, the FA's story might be true..... Thinking

Carl Jung

(06-07-2022, 06:13 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Dunno HDB allow their coffee shop to be converted into restaurant. If allow, the FA's story might be true..... Thinking

Never heard of..can hdb flat be converted into a condo?

☝️

(06-07-2022, 06:18 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Never heard of..can hdb flat be converted into a condo?

Laughing

Carl Jung

(06-07-2022, 05:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  just one stall also can sell. Wow lau this concept already happen for years just look at JB .

That type small kopi shop enough for 1 chai png  n drink stall

☝️

(06-07-2022, 05:30 PM)talky Wrote:  V NAIVE TO SAY THAT 
even if he does not rent out he will not  sell the food like b4 
it does not made sense  if cant recover cost in next 20 30 yrs.
follow pap govt ideas :
market forces determine the price

As I said, they follow Breadtalk Kopitiam Biz

Make sure each stalls can meet the quota each month

So, sell lower price of food but must sell more

maybe 10,000 plates more?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

What can he do besides TCSS? Thinking

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Easy, just all illegal hawkers to setup pushcarts besides this coffeeshop!

I thought he said rental must be allowed to go up so can improve? Then one day later another tune??
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

I think he out of touch and never walk the ground...

"Such operators typically provide budget food options at every stall, priced at around $3, said Mr Lee."

If you force ppl to integrate into the system by force, you must be responsible all have the means to live affordably. If not , many will be bosses themselves doing roadside stall business. If ppl has to be forced without food to eat due to unaffordable price to buy decent food, dun you think we are worse than 3rd world countries.Go back to the 60s la, many hawker all over the place. Affordable yet you can have it anywhere.

Talk like no talk. We need solution, not just talk and talk!

That why this people buy the two coffeeshops in Tampines street 21. But he still need to buy one more than he can control the three corner of street 21.