Top cyber security expert Dan discuss how OCBC customers got scammed...

Another expert.

Yet another expert

Among the 3 only one that knows something more  is Mr. Brown:

1. Hackers fake links to collect login credentials. They know that login password is often same as ATM PIN.

2. They used a feature in OCBC system that allows you to move digital token to another device

3. They were able to send using official sms chain from the bank.

4. They were also able to delay SMS when money was transferred out so customers did not know their money was stolen.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

The whole problem is sitting around doing nothing. None of their MP bother to ask what is the garmen going to do or suggest to do? Yo mean with the top brains in It, they cannot think of something? I wonder why telecom cannot trace the mobile numbers? Overseas ones don’t say. But nowadays so many from Singapore... you cannot trace? You buy phone card, you got to give personal details. What the use of doing this?

I say impose death penalty for scammers la! Even cannot catch, will scare the hell out of them! Shanmu is a lost minister when come to this. He will act only if some you know who cannot abused.

CHAOS & Cityhantam are 2 sick CCP mother-fcuker bastards, who support Islamic radical Simplemen, aka Imran, who has been belittling Chinese, juz because their mothers like farking Hamas dogs

(13-01-2022, 08:52 AM)YummyKing Wrote:  The whole problem is sitting around doing nothing. None of their MP bother to ask what is the garmen going to do or suggest to do? Yo mean with the top brains in It, they cannot think of something? I wonder why telecom cannot trace the mobile numbers? Overseas ones don’t say. But nowadays so many from Singapore... you cannot trace? You buy phone card, you got to give personal details. What the use of doing this?

I say impose death penalty for scammers la! Even cannot catch, will scare the hell out of them! Shanmu is a lost minister when come to this. He will act only if some you know who cannot abused.

They are only good at catching WP and PSP over small.things ...other than that they depend on cyber experts.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

In my opinion OCBC and Telco system failure is the key. Had the sms system worked without a delayed sms to user, the scam transfer would have halted.

Also, we are talking about accounts that likely don't see huge inflow or outflow suddenly switching out all funds, surely that sets alarm for anyone who has an oversight of the flows..

Singapore got experts meh? Only foreigners are experts in every field here.
[+] 1 user Likes Sharexchange's post

(13-01-2022, 09:12 AM)Sticw Wrote:  In my opinion OCBC and Telco system failure is the key. Had the sms system worked without a delayed sms to user, the scam transfer would have halted.

Also, we are talking about accounts that likely don't see huge inflow or outflow suddenly switching out all funds, surely that sets alarm for anyone who has an oversight of the flows..

If that is the case, then I think PAP shud step in and hold the Bank and Telco responsible and make them compensate the victims on a 50-50 basis or hold a COP to apportion percentage of responsibility. .... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

You know who is the papaya minister in charge of cybersecurity?

Really ROFL when you know who she is and her credentials in cybersecurity.

(13-01-2022, 09:20 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  If that is the case, then I think PAP shud step in and hold the Bank and Telco responsible and make them compensate the victims on a 50-50 basis or hold a COP to apportion percentage of responsibility. .... Big Grin

Customers should be compensated 100% for following.

1. Scammers made use of OCBC banking features to carry out the scam- movement of digital  token to another device

2. The sms came in via the same chain as official OCBC sms.

3.  Delay of sms notification exploits flaws in OCBC -telecom interface system.

Customers are not responsible for above.

The sms based cyber attacks were reveal already in various cyber conferences but no fixed was made.

My conclusion is the system is designed not to protect against some of the low probability attacks leaving Customers vulnerable. Either this or they were not even aware.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Absolutely agree that all customers must be 100% reimbursed not their fault. Why Mas so silent?

The funny thing is OCBC is the only bank that allow you to login via Singpass as an alternative, which I thought is a good idea since you don't need to remember your login ID and password..

If someone wish to compromised their Singpass logic, then they are tons of other info that are affected..

Some might think too risky to rely on Singpass , but my take about security is it is only as good as how serious user take it.. If they hack care about security, there is nothing that can be done to minimize that risk.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..