do u split your FD into many banks to meet $75K MAS insurance ? or simply dun care

(25-12-2022, 06:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Got lah, including all kujin kuraj ones there're about 200, all regulated by mas. But duno they handle small amounts

Are you sure there are 200  kujin kurai banks here......... Clapping Gesti-109

(25-12-2022, 06:25 PM)debono Wrote:  Are you sure there are 200  kujin kurai banks here......... Clapping Gesti-109

[Image: Screenshot-20221225-182843-Chrome.jpg]

Just check the profiles of anyone can see what their do. Mostly are along shenton way

(25-12-2022, 06:25 PM)debono Wrote:  Are you sure there are 200  kujin kurai banks here......... Clapping Gesti-109
You go google how many FULL BANKS in Singapore. There are many financial institutions that have a Bank on their company name, but they dun provide full banking. ..... Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(25-12-2022, 06:31 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20221225-182843-Chrome.jpg]

Just check the profiles of anyone can see what their do. Mostly are along shenton way

I think a lot of them don't take in SGD deposits. Even if they do, the interest rates may not be good.

(25-12-2022, 06:33 PM)Levin Wrote:  I think a lot of them don't take in SGD deposits. Even if they do, the interest rates may not be good.

Duno the details. Can call to check but dun think it's needed for now

When strike hong pao da jiang toto then maybe can call them up to check

(25-12-2022, 06:12 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Are there 40 banks in Singapore that provide fixed deposit facility? That's for just $3 million. If someone wants to FD $6 million where to find 80 banks in Singapore? That's why I said it is not feasible for large amounts. .... Rolleyes

In the first place, if you hacve 3 million, it is not savvy to keep the money in a FD.

If you don't know what to do with the money, where and how to invest, I understand that there is an investment sage in this forum...a certain Topsage so he was being respectfully addressed as.

Go look for him.  Rolleyes

(25-12-2022, 06:37 PM)Oyk Wrote:  In the first place, if you hacve 3 million, it is not savvy to keep the money in a FD.

If you don't know what to do with the money, where and how to invest, I understand that there is an investment sage in this forum...a certain Topsage so he was being respectfully address as.

How and where to invest is not the subject of discussion in this thread. We talk about splitting or dun split funds for FD here. ..... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(25-12-2022, 06:37 PM)Oyk Wrote:  In the first place, if you hacve 3 million, it is not savvy to keep the money in a FD.

If you don't know what to do with the money, where and how to invest, I understand that there is an investment sage in this forum...a certain Topsage so he was being respectfully addressed as.

Who is the topsage..............? Thinking

(25-12-2022, 06:39 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How and where to invest is not the subject of discussion in this thread. We talk about splitting or dun split funds for FD here. ..... Rolleyes

If you want to split, then go and split.  Who is stopping you?  You need to ask your mother?   Rolleyes

(25-12-2022, 06:32 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  You go google how many FULL BANKS in Singapore. There are many financial institutions that have a Bank on their company name, but they dun provide full banking. ..... Rolleyes

Many. Even State Bank of India, CMIB, RHB, HL Finance, Singapura Finance, etc are all enjoying this insurance coverage.  

[Image: Deposit-Insured01.png]

[Image: Deposit-Insured02.png]

[Image: Deposit-Insured03.png]

(25-12-2022, 06:40 PM)debono Wrote:  Who is the topsage..............? Thinking

There was a thread started recently by ah kuah about him..

Tiagong, his prediction is like Midas....whatever he says will come to pass.  If he says sell, you'd better not buy.  If he says buy, and you still hesitate, that's your loss.

(25-12-2022, 05:38 PM)sgh Wrote:  I don't intend to give them my monies already willed to charities. I don't believe in inheritance concept becuz I get none so why should I give to my offspring? They no hand no leg cannot earn a living themselves?
Your children are doing very well , so don't need to will to them?
Then you should consider spending freely.

Buy what you like to eat ...no need to spread 1 bag of fishballs over a few meals. Enjoy yourself!

(25-12-2022, 06:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If you want to split, then go and split.  Who is stopping you?  You need to ask your mother?   Rolleyes

Go read TS first post and I am answering to him. There is no need to mother or father here. ... Rolleyes

(25-12-2022, 04:03 AM)limpeh394 Wrote:  how does ppl with cash more than $$ million manage their FD ?
or they dun care, just dump into 1-2 banks suah like my father in law did ?

even if say $500K, would need 7 banks to meet the 75K
$1 million would need 14 banks and the amount of account numbers/id/password to manage is siao, do u know anyone really goes to that extreme ?

Carl Jung

(25-12-2022, 07:06 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Go read TS first post and I am answering to him. There is no need to mother or father here. ... Rolleyes

Talking about $3 million and putting them into FD?

Why not talk about $30 billion?  That's the net worth of the Thai King.  You think he put his wealth in FD?

You really got to ask your mother.

(25-12-2022, 07:13 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Talking about $3 million and putting them into FD?

Why not talk about $30 billion?  That's the net worth of the Thai King.  You think he put his wealth in FD?

Youi really got to ask your mother.
I dunno how the Thai king place his wealth and I dun or have interest to speculate on what he do to his wealth. ..... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(25-12-2022, 07:19 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  I dunno how the Thai king place his wealth and I dun or have interest to speculate on what he do to his wealth. ..... Rolleyes

I rest my case.  Rolleyes

(25-12-2022, 07:26 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I rest my case.  Rolleyes

Thank you. ...... Rolleyes

Carl Jung

(25-12-2022, 07:35 PM)Leongsam Wrote:  it doesn't matter how many banks you use, it's 75K in aggregate, not 75K per bank. Go read the fine print, I asked before already.

dun anyhow leh
> $75,000 per bank per person
>
www://www.moneysense.gov.sg/articles/2018/10/understanding-deposit-insurance

(25-12-2022, 06:50 PM)Oyk Wrote:  There was a thread started recently by ah kuah about him..

Tiagong, his prediction is like Midas....whatever he says will come to pass.  If he says sell, you'd better not buy.  If he says buy, and you still hesitate, that's your loss.

So he is the reverse indicator............ Clapping

(25-12-2022, 07:59 PM)debono Wrote:  So he is the reverse indicator............ Clapping

He is the sage Huliwang needs.    Rotfl

[Image: 5-EBCC043-CD45-4133-B181-26-AFADADBF5-E.jpg]

https://trustbank.sg/savings-account/sdic/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

I already said dont bother about the 75k liao leh…This is not I Ching lah. The rate is the most important.

SCB now is the best. No lock in period 3.8% for 100k.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: 9716-AF29-F916-4464-B01-E-E2-B2770-FDDA3.png]

Ocbc initially didn't want to compensate initially, they very kiasi more coming forward to claim, the new ceo kpi was on the line, but somehow they decided to refund later, maybe mas stepped in

The incident best described as bank robberies happened, millions were robbed and the robbers get away with money
, does the bank in older days when they were robbed, do they tell is customers responsibility to keep their money safe?

It is very unlikely 2 banks collapse at the same time. So no need to worry so much about 75k.

How many of the 39 insured banks you know or heard of?   

Some we didn't even heard of their names.  

Examples: MUFG Bank, Maribank Singapore, Mizuho Bank, PT Bank Negara Indonesia, GXS Bank, Trust Bank, UCO Bank, Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, etc.  

How many you know?  

Should be ok for local banks. Foreign banks limit to 75k only.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin