Total employment falls by 15,700 in Q2, driven by departure of non-resident workers

I think it is time for all of us, including the reporters to dig further when such stats are released..

When it was said that "The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said in its advance labour market report released on Friday (July 30) that this decline was mainly borne by non-resident workers.", 50.1% non-resident workers is also considered as mainly borne by non-resident.

We should be asking for the exact numbers here.. Is this a piece of sensitive information that cannot be disclosed?

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/to...rder-curbs

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Why are we concerned about foreign traxhes departure?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(30-07-2021, 09:29 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why are we concerned about foreign traxhes departure?

I am not concerned about foreign 'talent' departure. In fact, I am more concerned about job lost by residents (I know that include PR), and the magnitude of that job lost is hidden by a simple statement of "mainly borne by non-resident workers", which paint a picture that the residents are not really affected.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(30-07-2021, 09:53 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  
(30-07-2021, 09:29 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why are we concerned about foreign traxhes departure?

I am not concerned about foreign 'talent' departure. In fact, I am more concerned about job lost by residents (I know that include PR), and the magnitude of that job lost is hidden by a simple statement of "mainly borne by non-resident workers", which paint a picture that the residents are not really affected.

Smoke bombing Singaporeans job loss .... not much when most decent jobs are with foriegn traxhes  Sad

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/com...9-15233238

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

(30-07-2021, 09:24 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  We should be asking for the exact numbers here.. Is this a piece of sensitive information that cannot be disclosed?

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/to...rder-curbs

I do not even bother asking PAP because they will cover- up or give indirect answers to evade.

More S- Pass holders lost their jobs ie they are Foreign Diploma/ College holders.

[Image: MOM-work-pass-quantity-Dec-2020.png]

That is why both S-pass & Work Permit have levies and quotas to reserve the Top 30 Unwanted Lousy jobs for us.

(31-07-2021, 10:05 AM)Ola Wrote:  I do not even bother asking PAP because they will cover- up or give indirect answers to evade.

More S- Pass holders lost their jobs ie they are Foreign Diploma/ College holders.

[Image: MOM-work-pass-quantity-Dec-2020.png]

That is why both S-pass & Work Permit have levies and quotas to reserve the Top 30 Unwanted Lousy jobs for us.

Of course they will try to evade the question, like how Sham did in the debate of the CECA impact on jobs in Singapore.But if we let them off so easily, we are playing into their cards.. We can do our part by supporting those who question/harp on such issues. If traditional media is unwilling to play this role, we can do this in the internet.

As for cover- up, I am an supporter of Korea's politics.. Every president who stepped down, will sure kena jailed or commit suicide because there will be investigation of their wrong doing during their term.. Only when we have such check and balance measure, will keep those who are in power to be on their toes..