Safe distancing enforcement officers can enter homes wo warrants to check compliance

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...t-15364158

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

wow…keep complaining about ur neighbour smoking lah…now can burst into ur house whenever they like Sad

What if I dun let them in and call the polis telling them go sam seng threaten to kill me?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

Unbelievable
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

This is getting too far. It's like gate crashing. Breaking into private property. Intruding into private space. Opening the door for robbery to imposter.  Our privacy has all been breached thru' so called Data Protection. Now introducing Gate Crashing. Inviting robbery and rape.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

(03-08-2021, 01:26 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  This is getting too far. It's like gate crashing. Breaking into private property. Intruding into private space. Opening the door for robbery to imposter.  Our privacy has all been breached thru' so called so called Data Protection. Now introducing Gate Crashing/Robbery assist. Angry
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

That's dangerous instruction by whoever issued it. These safe distancing officers better work smart and dun get over zealous and get bashed up or even killed by forcing his way into some nasty residences houses.
Also better armed these officers if need to enforce house search instructions........ Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

More crimes like house robbery and rape coming...

Jialat.
Next time they can suka suka bash into your house.

Privacy is basic human right.
用暴力来解决问题是最愚蠢的行为。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: giphy.gif]

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

URA is not the law authority here. Can the Law Minister and Home Affairs Minister please clarify? This red dot becoming a lawless country if other authorities can come up with their own interpretation of law and order? Can anyone enlighten me on this? I'm not an authority on this subject.

Jialat. Going to be like commie cuntry

8Umbrella Umbrella

No more privacy. People can sabo you by just complaining?

now abang insta sorry2 to nea for mistaken identity.
cna even featured abang home for all to tengok.
is it a revelation abang shldnt hv uploaded? it might worked against him. in my opinion too hasty.
anyway whats done cant undo.

now ura revealed they authorised and that they have the rights!
wa, arent house owners ought to know these people have powers to do that?
i'm surprised n a little shock.

anyway i learned something from this fiasco.
that whatever happens you think first.
going viral must be the last action, for you may have to pick up the pieces later on.
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

this is very dangerous especially only old people and young kids at home.
Don't they know anyone can just imitate as authority and cause grief?
Knowing them that no one needs to answer for anything.
what the F is the authority trying to do? Creating civil unrest?

(02-08-2021, 11:04 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sin...t-15364158

police officers require either a physical warrant or a "walking warrant" in order to gain entry into a private property. 
it appears that these distance-measuring folks are more powderful than the boys in blue...

Previously, HDB can enter. Now, URA also allows to enter.

(03-08-2021, 09:21 AM)RichDad Wrote:  No more privacy.  People can sabo you by just complaining?

Neighbours will not trust each other anymore. No more smile and harmony. Wary of the neighbours next door. They will tell on u.  A dangerous direction.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ex...arch-homes

WHICH LAW GRANTS SUCH POWERS?

Section 35(5) of the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020, which was passed by Parliament in April last year, states that enforcement officers appointed by the Minister for Health, have “all the powers of a health officer” authorised under parts of the Infectious Diseases Act to ascertain if prevailing Covid-19 regulations are being complied with.

READ ALSO
URA refutes man's claim that warrant needed for authorities to inspect homes for potential Covid-19 breach
The powers, as listed under Sections 55A, 55B and 57 of the Infectious Diseases Act, include the power to:

At any time without warrant and with such force as may be necessary, stop, board, enter, inspect and search any premises or conveyance

Require any person to furnish any information within his knowledge

Demand that any person provide his or her name and address and other proof of identity

Section 35(1) of the Covid-19 Act said that the individuals who can be appointed as enforcement officers include, among others, police officers, public officers, and officers of statutory bodies.

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF SAFE DISTANCING AMBASSADORS?

Safe distancing ambassadors, in contrast, do not have enforcement powers.

There are about 3,000 safe distancing ambassadors and enforcement officers deployed daily, coming from 17 government agencies, the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE) and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said in a joint reply to TODAY last month.

The two roles can be distinguished by the red armband that only enforcement officers wear, with the words “safe distancing enforcement officer” printed on it. The enforcement officers, like safe distancing ambassadors, may also be in their agencies’ corporate attire, and carry a staff pass and/or lanyard, or the SG Clean Ambassador pass.

MSE had said last year that members of the public should always request the officer’s identification to verify his or her identity before complying with the officer’s instructions, in order to be wary of those who impersonate enforcement officers. A 19-year-old teenager was arrested last November for pretending to be one to cheat others.

READ ALSO
98 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases in Singapore, including 31 unlinked infections
WHAT ARE THE LIMITS OF THE POWERS OF SAFE DISTANCING ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS?

Speaking to TODAY, Assistant Professor of Law Benjamin Joshua Ong, from the Singapore Management University (SMU) said an enforcement officer may be legally liable to pay damages to the homeowner if he does not act in “good faith and with reasonable care”.

He interpreted this from Section 35(8) of the Covid-19 Act, which states that an enforcement officer is not legally liable for anything done in this manner.

Asst Prof Ong added: “I think it is arguable that ‘good faith’ means that it would only be lawful for an enforcement officer to enter and search premises if he has, at the least, some cause for suspecting that the rules are not being complied with.

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Beware of copycats. Robbers, rapists, etc can get into houses now pretending to be safe distancing officers with fake badge

Covid-19: What are my legal rights if safe distancing officers show up at my home? | THE BIG STORY

(03-08-2021, 08:52 AM)surfer Wrote:  URA is not the law authority here. Can the Law Minister and Home Affairs Minister please clarify? This red dot becoming a lawless country if other authorities can come up with their own interpretation of law and order? Can anyone enlighten me on this? I'm not an authority on this subject.
You still want to depend on them.
This Ah Sham wants to install more cameras in Sg.
Can you imagine Sg has already become such an unsafe place. Need so many cameras?

This is against basic human right => Privacy.

This also shows that our education system and law system in Sg have failed badly.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nu...-shanmugam

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(06-08-2021, 06:41 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You still want to depend on them.
This Ah Sham wants to install more cameras in Sg.
Can you imagine Sg has already become such an unsafe place. Need so many cameras?

This is against basic human right => Privacy.

This also shows that our education system and law system in Sg have failed badly.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nu...-shanmugam
If this camera is installed along common corridors , why can't an individual install a camera outside his unit ? Recently read that HDB does not allow. Double standards? Huh

like this one police broke doors and grilles i can accept because they are very sure 100%.

https://mothership.sg/2018/07/world-cup-...l-betting/

but like kenna checked for nothing without evidence just based on complaints i think is outrages like you kenna body check inside a supermarket.

(06-08-2021, 12:51 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  

Covid-19: What are my legal rights if safe distancing officers show up at my home? | THE BIG STORY

The big problem is these Safe Distancing Ambassadors do do carry an Identification card with their photo on the card. Any Tom Dick and Harry can just show a fake ID to access your home. Angry . Also in the video clip the authorities are also abusing the law as it's only 2 people allowed to enter or gather at a residence.