Singapore is Gateway to China: SIA cannot fly to Chengdu, Chongqing and Xian

Singapore is Gateway to China: SIA cannot fly to 3 tourist destinations, Chengdu, Chongqing and Xian.

What's the purpose to have a Gateway with no flights?

Any ideas

Previously, TCH claimed Singapore is Pathfinder to China.

How about today..

The china airport top official want more kopi money from SIA...BUT we got integrity...

(28-03-2024, 06:24 AM)Sharexchange Wrote:  The china airport top official want more kopi money from SIA...BUT we got integrity...

"The Top 25 Safest Airlines For 2024

1.Air New Zealand
2. Qantas
3. Virgin Australia
4. Etihad Airways
5. Qatar Airways
6. Emirates
7. All Nippon Airways
8. Finnair
9. Cathay Pacific Airways
10.Alaska Airlines
11.SAS
12.Korean Air
13.Singapore Airlines"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegley...20Airlines

The real reason was not given except for “regulatory reasons”.  It was said that this would affect the Chinese Government's efforts to attract foreign investment.

Quote:https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/china/sto...20-3188598

The person pointed out that SilkAir and Singapore Airlines have been operating two routes for many years. There were no interruptions before the epidemic. However, they have been interrupted twice in the past year after the relaxation of prevention and control measures. This may affect the Chinese government’s efforts to attract foreign investment to China to a certain extent. effort. "If we face this kind of uncertainty every aviation season, it will indeed affect the confidence of foreign companies to invest in China."

Wu Shicun, president of the Chongqing branch of the China-Singapore Chamber of Commerce, said in an interview that as various parts of China are currently increasing their efforts to attract investment, the chamber of commerce is expected to arrange for more than a hundred Singaporean small and medium-sized enterprises to come to Chongqing to inspect business opportunities this year. However, he also believes that if the Singapore Airlines flight to Chongqing is interrupted again, it may affect the willingness of some foreign investors to invest in southwest China.

Wu Shicun believes that only if leading Singaporean companies like Singapore Airlines have good development and demonstration in the southwest region, more other Singaporean small and medium-sized enterprises can follow up and invest with confidence.

low passengers load fly there lost money SIA not kumgong.

(28-03-2024, 07:24 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  low passengers load fly there lost money SIA not kumgong.

Many other airlines have daily flights to those 3 destination.

Summer is the best time and very crowded.
Hotel prices jumped 3X during holiday

(28-03-2024, 07:10 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  The real reason was not given except for “regulatory reasons”.  It was said that this would affect the Chinese Government's efforts to attract foreign investment.
Only SIA selected and isn't allowed to fly there..

Maybe SIA should tell us something as to why others no cancellation?

Coupled with the recent tightening of anti-gambling regulations from China, gambling-related businesses will be greatly affected.

The ticket price previously $650 can jump to $1,000. China becomes more expensive.

Price increase, SIA will have less load as more people choose the alternatives. Fewer people will travel there.

To travel to China, one can take the plane there and switch to HSR. There is also a price different between Chong Qing and Chengdu. Both are linked by the HSR.

(28-03-2024, 08:28 AM)theold Wrote:  Coupled with the recent tightening of anti-gambling regulations from China, gambling-related businesses will be greatly affected.

The ticket price previously $650 can jump to $1,000.

Price increase, SIA will have less load as more people choose the alternatives.
Best places during this time when everyone from all parts of China go there. Very busy and crowded late thru the nights.

SIA desperate to fly there but isn't welcomed at all for the time being.

Be patient and Can wait little longer should be ok

Sichuan Mala Hotpot everywhere..

Fantastic places to go now

(28-03-2024, 05:06 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore is Gateway to China: SIA cannot fly to 3 tourist destinations, Chengdu, Chongqing and Xian.

Any ideas

Hong Kong is gateway to China not Singapore. How can Singapore be gateway when it's few thousand km away?  We are gateway to Malaysia maybe. Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

So many flights, too competitive

nothing wrong

they protect their own once again

unlike shitty singapur
protects and protects any foreigners over citizens any time

if there is a country to be number 1 in protecting foreigners over citizens

it will be SINGAPUR

干死新加坡.... 👍🏻
[+] 1 user Likes KILLjoy's post

(28-03-2024, 09:49 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  So many flights, too competitive

Gateways entrance closed

(28-03-2024, 05:06 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore is Gateway to China: SIA cannot fly to 3 tourist destinations, Chengdu, Chongqing and Xian.

Any ideas

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...all-policy

(28-03-2024, 09:15 AM)winbig Wrote:  Hong Kong is gateway to China not Singapore. How can Singapore be gateway when it's few thousand km away?  We are gateway to Malaysia maybe. Laughing

I am not sure if Hong Kong has lost its shine.  But when its throne in the financial sector was lost to Singapore, and it being China's bank, if Guangdong was China's factory, I think flights of some variety had taken place.  There's a pun; I was not talking about aeroplanes when I wrote flights but talents, capital, and overall business confidence..

Hong Kong might have been a gateway to China before, but if you are using that to refer to distance rather than access to China's markets, then Hong Kong is only a gateway to Shenzhen and perhaps Guangzhou as well, if you compare Singapore being a "gateway" to JB and perhaps Malacca as well.  That's using distance, as you did.

Hong Kong which is situated at the far southeastern end of China is not near Chengdu which is tucked deep inside China's belly.  There is no reason for international travellers to fly to Hong Kong and transit to Chengdu when they can fly directly there.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(28-03-2024, 11:18 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I am not sure if Hong Kong has lost its shine.  But when its throne in the financial sector was lost to Singapore, and it being China's bank, if Guangdong was China's factory, I think flights of some variety had taken place.  There's a pun; I was not talking about aeroplanes when I wrote flights but talents, capital, and overall business confidence..

Hong Kong might have been a gateway to China before, but if you are using that to refer to distance rather than access to China's markets, then Hong Kong is only a gateway to Shenzhen and perhaps Guangzhou as well, if you compare Singapore being a "gateway" to JB and perhaps Malacca as well.  That's using distance, as you did.

Hong Kong which is situated at the far southeastern end of China is not near Chengdu which is tucked deep inside China's belly.  There is no reason for international travellers to fly to Hong Kong and transit to Chengdu when they can fly directly there.

Gateway doesn't mean, u can fly there means u r gateway leh.  Laughing

(28-03-2024, 11:22 AM)winbig Wrote:  Gateway doesn't mean, u can fly there means u r gateway leh.  Laughing

Hahaha.

I wouldn't call either Hong Kong or Singapore a gateways based on distance because both ain't near Chengdu. In fact, Chengdu does not, I am sure, aspire to be gatewayed by another country or Chinese city.  It aspires to be a destination for leisure and investment in its own right.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(28-03-2024, 11:22 AM)winbig Wrote:  Gateway doesn't mean, u can fly there means u r gateway leh.  Laughing

Singapore self proclaimed Gateway doesn't mean anything to China.

No entry

(28-03-2024, 11:39 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore self proclaimed Gateway doesn't mean anything to China.

No entry

Singapore got self proclaim?

(28-03-2024, 07:24 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  low passengers load fly there lost money SIA not kumgong.

This isn't the first time, China did the same   to SIA last year as well 

Playing monkey

(28-03-2024, 10:32 AM)CHAOS Wrote:  https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/...all-policy

Summon Chinese ambassador to clarify as to why China did this again to the world's best Airlines..