Eight in 10 households to within 10 minutes of a train station

Our target is to expand the rail network to about 360km by the early 2030s. This means connecting eight in 10 households to within 10 minutes of a train station. With 360km of rail network, Singapore will have a total rail length that is longer than major cities such as Tokyo or Hong Kong today, and be on par with London and New York City. These are some of the rail expansion projects that will bring a train station closer to you.

https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltagov/en...%20station.

That means what? It means being close to MRT does not command a premium anymore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(23-06-2024, 04:23 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  That means what? It means being close to MRT does not command a premium anymore.

It means public transport in Singapore will be very convenient. Those who paid a premium for flats close to MRT are kum gong.

(23-06-2024, 04:48 PM)winbig Wrote:  It means public transport in Singapore will be very convenient. Those who paid a premium for flats close to MRT are kum gong.

Means many flats will be built along new MRT lines.
but maybe too many, pop and economy peaked.
some station locations not ideal.

Good lah,,, else weather so warn.

(23-06-2024, 04:48 PM)winbig Wrote:  It means public transport in Singapore will be very convenient. Those who paid a premium for flats close to MRT are kum gong.

If you own a car, owner is only one min away

(23-06-2024, 06:21 PM)Scythian Wrote:  If you own a car, owner is only one min away

Own car still need to find parking.

As long as there is good connectivity between the MRT station and the home, it's good enough. Do not need to be immediately next to it. My place is about 1.5 bus-stop away from the nearest MRT station and has good connectivity with 3 other MRT stations. To me, that's convenient enough. So we don't really have to wait for this "80% within 10min" scenario to happen. Homes near MRT are not that big a draw if connectivity is good right now.

May feel different as I get older.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

What it says is for future homes and train stations. Exiting ones already built, how to pull them nearer?