Can someone explain to me, please?

Why is society glamorize suicide? They see them as a victim of external circumstances. 
Is it mental weakness or mental illness? 
What about a lack of resilience? 
How come no one brings up the matter of mental resilience?

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(23-07-2023, 11:21 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why is society glamorize suicide? They see them as a victim of external circumstances. 

too vague.
need to give an example.

(23-07-2023, 11:27 PM)forum456 Wrote:  too vague.
need to give an example.

in general lah, no reference to the SPF member suicide.

(23-07-2023, 11:29 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  in general lah, no reference to the SPF member suicide.

depends on example.
it can due to illness or weakness or resilience.
there are many reasons.
without example, cannot pinpoint the reason.

It is by design from the people of WEF headed by Klaus schwab
Take for ex noone really go after LBGTQ but it makes inroad into the family
purpose to weaken it.
next is to starve it going on

Why is society glamorize suicide?

There are a few reasons why society glamorizes suicide.

Misunderstanding of suicide. Many people don't understand what suicide really is. They may think that it's a way to escape pain or to get attention. This misunderstanding can lead to people romanticizing suicide, thinking that it's a more noble or beautiful way to die.

Portrayal in the media. The media often portrays suicide in a glamorized way. This is especially true in movies and TV shows, where suicide is often shown as a way to get revenge or to make a statement. This can lead young people who are already struggling with suicidal thoughts to think that suicide is a viable option.

Culture of silence. In many cultures, there is a stigma attached to mental illness and suicide. This can make it difficult for people to talk about their problems, and it can also lead to people feeling isolated and alone. This isolation can make people more likely to consider suicide as an option.
It's important to remember that suicide is never the answer. There are people who care about you and want to help. If you're thinking about suicide, please reach out for help. There are many resources available, including:

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
The Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
You are not alone. There is help available. Please reach out for help if you need it.

(23-07-2023, 11:31 PM)forum456 Wrote:  depends on example.
it can due to illness or weakness or resilience.
there are many reasons.
without example, cannot pinpoint the reason.

I can't as I don't have an example.  Maybe you can cite some examples of

Illness … mental or physical:
Resilience and weakness are co-related:

(23-07-2023, 11:53 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Why is society glamorize suicide?

There are a few reasons why society glamorizes suicide.

Misunderstanding of suicide. Many people don't understand what suicide really is. They may think that it's a way to escape pain or to get attention. This misunderstanding can lead to people romanticizing suicide, thinking that it's a more noble or beautiful way to die.

Portrayal in the media. The media often portrays suicide in a glamorized way. This is especially true in movies and TV shows, where suicide is often shown as a way to get revenge or to make a statement. This can lead young people who are already struggling with suicidal thoughts to think that suicide is a viable option.

Culture of silence. In many cultures, there is a stigma attached to mental illness and suicide. This can make it difficult for people to talk about their problems, and it can also lead to people feeling isolated and alone. This isolation can make people more likely to consider suicide as an option.
It's important to remember that suicide is never the answer. There are people who care about you and want to help. If you're thinking about suicide, please reach out for help. There are many resources available, including:

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
The Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
You are not alone. There is help available. Please reach out for help if you need it.

Is there a clear definition of illness and lack of resilience?

I see serial winners in sports, they suffer many many setbacks but instead of succumbing to them, they overcome, thrive and win

(24-07-2023, 12:00 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Is there a clear definition of illness and lack of resilience?

Depression is a dreaded disease. 
It overcome all resilience, character and morality. 
I had classmate who was always top in class.
But jumped off the building also, when faced with reality.

(23-07-2023, 11:21 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Why is society glamorize suicide? They see them as a victim of external circumstances. 

maybe you should try suicide yourself
and comeback to tell us your finding
it REALLY help us most wonderfully

Can do anything, just dont wait to Tangsee like u, can oredi

This is why it is important to let your kids encounter setback as early as possible. 

Don’t let them lead a too smooth sailing life. 
If the child only encounter setback in teenage or adult hood, it may be too late, the child may end his/her life due to immature thought or depress easily, it may be too late as parents nowadays are too busy on other area. May not have full attention on their children.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

maybe this ah neh policeman was VERY racist
like most indians di
its in their nature...dna

but chinese policemen dont get bullied easily
otherwise how they going to catch the bullies on the street

(23-07-2023, 11:58 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I can't as I don't have an example.  Maybe you can cite some examples of

Illness … mental or physical:
Resilience and weakness are co-related:

Mentality.  

Some feel stress, feel embarrass  in-front of friends, family. 
and many have "Soon soon" life too long from young, especially 
younger generation.

Since ancient time already like that and until today. Don’t believe?! Look at those siao Lang buying rice dumplings at nearly $10 a piece to commemorate someone who committed suicide. 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRElQ50q37fyRxLAeJ2Wav...g&usqp=CAU]

No choice one la

(24-07-2023, 12:12 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Depression is a dreaded disease. 
It overcome all resilience, character and morality. 
I had classmate who was always top in class.
But jumped off the building also, when faced with reality.

What's the reason for jumping?
I have a business acquaintance he committed suicide because his biz failed, bankrupt, and his wife wanna divorce. This cannot be categorized as an illness.

(24-07-2023, 12:44 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  maybe you should try suicide yourself
and comeback to tell us your finding
it REALLY help us most wonderfully

If you really wanna help, you can stop sucing your white colonial ex master kok and lick their bolls. We know your kind like being their whore slave

(24-07-2023, 01:37 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Can do anything, just dont wait to Tangsee like u, can oredi

Maybe you can tell us since you already killed yourself sometime back  Clapping

(24-07-2023, 05:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  This is why it is important to let your kids encounter setback as early as possible. 

Don’t let them lead a too smooth sailing life. 
If the child only encounter setback in teenage or adult hood, it may be too late, the child may end his/her life due to immature thought or depress easily, it may be too late as parents nowadays are too busy on other area. May not have full attention on their children.

Yeah, life is not a bed of roses, so tough love from parents is needed. I see many parents try to protect and shield their children even till their teenage years. Not healthy

(24-07-2023, 11:37 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Maybe you can tell us since you already killed yourself sometime back  Clapping

You just dun hack into my account to post rubbish, I happy already

You should ask your family, as they waiting for you to Tangsee to join them

(24-07-2023, 06:24 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  maybe this ah neh policeman was VERY racist
like most indians di
its in their nature...dna

but chinese policemen dont get bullied easily
otherwise how they going to catch the bullies on the street

I think the relevant ministry will investigate and the opposition must follow up on that.

(24-07-2023, 08:39 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Mentality.  

Some feel stress, feel embarrass  in-front of friends, family. 
and many have "Soon soon" life too long from young, especially 
younger generation.

But it seems more suicide nowadays compared to before. Possible of the aftershock of the covid lockdown?