HK regulatory approach is vindicated as investors passed on FTX dodged the bullet

FTX’s lingering ties remind Hong Kong of the bullet it dodged and risks ahead to regain edge as Asia’s digital hub

After leaving Hong Kong for the Bahamas, FTX and Alameda Research still had operations in Hong Kong and staff travelling between the two locations

Investors who passed on FTX years ago now say they dodged a bullet and that Hong Kong’s conservative regulatory approach is vindicated.

Note:
Singapore, the dead duck was shot in the head

FTX exposed alleged fraud and mismanagement and ended in bankruptcy on November 11, marking one of the fastest implosions in global corporate history. 

As liquidators pick through the aftermath of FTX, several global venture capital funds – including SoftBank, Sequoia Capital and the Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan – wrote off their investments in the exchange. Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund Temasek wrote off US$275 million, possibly losing one of its largest bets in a single investment.

Singapore authorities allow crppay s chips , Lehman mini bonds, ran CLOB so that 4tg rate Malaysia companies can trade in Singapore to burn investors. They allowO&G exploration firms deemed too risky in other exchanges to list in Singapore many went bankrupt.
Its a myth to think Singapore has good governance.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(30-11-2022, 05:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore authorities allow crppay s chips , Lehman mini bonds, ran CLOB so that 4tg rate Malaysia companies can trade in Singapore to burn investors. They allowO&G exploration firms deemed too risky in other exchanges to list in Singapore many went bankrupt.

Singaporeans taking your own risk

Even Hyflux painted the streets red

Lehman Bros mini bonds

DBS Hongkong paid investors

But not DBS Singapore

(30-11-2022, 05:14 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Singapore authorities allow crppay s chips , Lehman mini bonds, ran CLOB so that 4tg rate Malaysia companies can trade in Singapore to burn investors. They allowO&G exploration firms deemed too risky in other exchanges to list in Singapore many went bankrupt.

best comment I seen on this forum
[+] 1 user Likes limpeh394's post

Now, it's an opportunity for you to judge and say whether its Hongkong or Singapore is more desperate and unscrupulous..

Often, doing monkey business.