Turkey Earthquake : Shoddy construction blamed for high deaths .

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/...ing-quakes

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-02-2023, 11:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/...ing-quakes

Perhaps the buildings there are not designed to cater for earthquake. The structural integrity of the buildings are of utmost importance, look at Japan where their high rise buildings are designed to withstand earthquakes............. Big Grin

(13-02-2023, 11:22 PM)debono Wrote:  Perhaps the buildings there are not designed to cater for earthquake. The structural integrity of the buildings are of utmost importance, look at Japan where their high rise buildings are designed to withstand earthquakes............. Big Grin

Tou fu buildings...

Smile

the buildings are alright
resonance frequency did it
HAARP billion watts
if u cannot wrap dat aroundit happens
it means peak vibration at resonance
only way can say:
i no no what to say
God says I didn't it must b u ownself did it.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

no leh
god say that if they build the condom building
god shake shake  nudie  nudie
the condom building would have contain the catastrophe

[Image: 80113372.jpg?imgsize=4217678]

(14-02-2023, 03:47 AM)singlon Wrote:  the buildings are alright
resonance frequency did it
HAARP billion watts
if u cannot wrap dat aroundit happens
it means peak vibration at resonance
only way can say:
i no no what to say
God says I didn't it must b u ownself did it.

country in earthquake zone need to pass law immediately to stop building of non earthquake proof building.
start the actions to demolish old building that is no earthquake proof buildings. need to be done. can be done over time. that will save many life as it is done and after done. why wait for thing to happen then act?

same with forest fire . managed and systematically burn off potential energy. why wait till fire the rush to put it off.
work can be done over time and increased gdp. reduce unemployment.

flood. estimate the basin area, max rain fall, design pond as buffer to store the execess storm water and build canal for the efficient flow. why wait till flood then act while the work can be done over time. create gdp.

(14-02-2023, 08:16 AM)sclim Wrote:  country in earthquake zone need to pass law immediately to stop building of non earthquake proof building.
start the actions to demolish old building that is no earthquake proof buildings. need to be done. can be done over time. that will save many life as it is done and after done. why wait for thing to happen then act?

same with forest fire . managed and systematically burn off potential energy. why wait till fire the rush to put it off.
work can be done over time and increased gdp. reduce unemployment.

flood.  estimate the basin area, max rain fall, design pond as buffer to store the execess storm water and build canal for the efficient flow.  why wait till flood then act while the work can be done over time. create gdp.

Passing law is easy....enforcing law is hard part.

Earthquake proof buildings cost 3 times more so the developer is tempted to bribe officials to waive regulation. Also stated in article govt wants fast development so does not want to create regulation.

Because earthquake comes every 60-100yrs   ..you tend to have periods where nothing happens and people become complacent.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

nothing new Japan did them.
They on springs and rollers
we observe the buildings collapsing
a wide areas of countries
it just peak resonant vibration frequency
every atom shakes vibrates
no chance

(13-02-2023, 11:11 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/...ing-quakes

self...................cull................

No lah....just sway that the plates are drawn along the row of flats...once the pillars are offset, any strong building will break and collapse.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(14-02-2023, 09:25 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  No lah....just sway that the plates are drawn along the row of flats...once the pillars are offset, any strong building will break and collapse.

time to build apartment blocks like pyramids............. Big Grin

土耳其地震 会不会”震塌“埃尔多安的政治生涯?#环球叶问

They should move away from cheap China engineering and be more self-reliant.

.Another potential Temasek project in Turkey

It's a great opportunity for both Capitaland and HDB

It must be true.

From the videos seen, the roads are not damaged or collapsed. Only the buildings crumpled. Unlike xichuan where the whole area were devastated.

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(16-02-2023, 11:54 PM)lhot2001 Wrote:  They should move away from cheap China engineering and be more self-reliant.

Turkey is where the East and West meet.

Most Middle East Houses are made from Mud. The exterior looks very elegant and nice. The structures are weak.