Long Covid : Why I think letting virus spread is a BIG MISTAKE

Those who say we need to open up ...go back to normal. Okay to let disease spread because most recover ...only a handful will die.

While I find it totally immoral to implement a strategy that results in more people dying just so that  economy is better, the real price we pay could be somewhere else.

It is called long Covid. Even when one gets mild or asymptomatic case of covid 10% of people experience long term debilitating effects. Person may look health but has damaged lungs and neurological function. All these is real and well studied but does not seem to be ignored.

I am not going along with our leaders' message to live life normal and go out. Because if something happens to you or your family you will suffer and if you die they blame it on your underlying condition. If you get long Covid, you end up coping with it yourself for the long haul.

The disease is now widespread in Singapore because leaders refuse to wait for better medicine or vaccine. Everyday thousands of cases.

If one wants to minimize risks and long term health problems, stay home and stay safe. Don't be a sheep and believe what they say that everything can be normal. Minimize exposure and trips out of the house.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

(16-10-2021, 06:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is called long Covid. Even when one gets mild or asymptomatic case of covid 10% of people experience long term debilitating effects. Person may look health but has damaged lungs and neurological function. All these is real and well studied but does not seem to be ignored.

This long covid needs further studies and researches which is similar to pumping the population with mRNA with unknown long term health risk which you are highly supportive. 

But hey, so far we have roughly 135,000 infections. So 10% of that is 13,500 at risk of long covid?............ Confused

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(16-10-2021, 06:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who say we need to open up ...go back to normal. Okay to let disease spread because most recover ...only a handful will die.

While I find it totally immoral to implement a strategy that results in more people dying just so that  economy is better, the real price we pay could be somewhere else.

It is called long Covid. Even when one gets mild or asymptomatic case of covid 10% of people experience long term debilitating effects. Person may look health but has damaged lungs and neurological function. All these is real and well studied but does not seem to be ignored.

I am not going along with our leaders' message to live life normal and go out. Because if something happens to you or your family you will suffer and if you die they blame it on your underlying condition. If you get long Covid, you end up coping with it yourself for the long haul.

The disease is now widespread in Singapore because leaders refuse to wait for better medicine or vaccine. Everyday thousands of cases.

If one wants to minimize risks and long term health problems, stay home and stay safe. Don't be a sheep and believe what they say that everything can be normal. Minimize exposure and trips out of the house.

I can see where you are going and do concur with your thoughts..... Clapping

The final bottom is no need to control...

(16-10-2021, 09:12 AM)FangFang Wrote:  The final bottom is no need to control...

That will make us like a dodo bird... crying

(16-10-2021, 09:12 AM)FangFang Wrote:  The final bottom is no need to control...

You mean there is no human rights to find better treatment solutions.

(16-10-2021, 07:33 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  This long covid needs further studies and researches which is similar to pumping the population with mRNA with unknown long term health risk which you are highly supportive. 

But hey, so far we have roughly 135,000 infections. So 10% of that is 13,500 at risk of long covid?............ Confused

Yes, long covid is like long mRNA. Who knows? Maybe long mRNA is worse?

You get it your biz, because it can't be proven that it is related to covid or mRNA. Die die must open up economy even if health care system can't handle it. This is like last time when they let in too many FTs when our infrastructure is not ready.

The Jln Tukang dorm situation is really xia suay.  If they are lack of resources, then why open up so fast? Money is more important than lives, it seems.
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(16-10-2021, 09:38 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Yes, long covid is like long mRNA. Who knows? Maybe long mRNA is worse?

You get it your biz, because it can't be proven that it is related to covid or mRNA. Die die must open up economy even if health care system can't handle it. This is like last time when they let in too many FTs when our infrastructure is not ready.

The Jln Tukang dorm situation is really xia suay.  If they are lack of resources, then why open up so fast? Money is more important than lives, it seems.

Sad to know that our leaders value money (GDP)more than lives.......Money can always be earned, but not lives.... crying
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

If we let the virus spreads, it creates new variants.
[+] 1 user Likes theold's post

(16-10-2021, 08:11 AM)debono Wrote:  I can see where you are going and do concur with your thoughts..... Clapping

Why PAP still suspends physical meet people session if they want to live with covid ?

(16-10-2021, 09:50 AM)debono Wrote:  Sad to know that our leaders value money (GDP)more than lives.......Money can always be earned, but not lives.... crying

That's individual thinking.

For the country, lives can be "earned" back by importing more FTs. So for the gahmen, they don't think like a person. To them, it is very very hard to revive the economy if we take a very big hit but it is easy to import more "lives".

That's why when they say the benefits outweigh the risks, they mean for the country. 

Don't be a sheep and following blindly whatever they tell you to do. Please wake up!!

(16-10-2021, 09:38 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Yes, long covid is like long mRNA. Who knows? Maybe long mRNA is worse?

Cause our Bananas in govt cannot wait to show to the world SG are belongs to the Western world

It's easy to criticize but what's the alternative? Continue to close up? Then you'll be left with a broken country with our young having to pay the debts. I don't see it as a mistake in gradually opening up but their preparation leaves a lot to be desired. And I think they should provide free non-nMRA vaccinations.

(16-10-2021, 12:29 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  It's easy to criticize but what's the alternative? Continue to close up? Then you'll be left with a broken country with  our young having to pay the debts. I don't see it as a mistake in gradually opening up but their preparation leaves a lot to be desired. And I think they should provide free non-nMRA vaccinations.

It is debatable. We don't have the big picture, the data, the reserves, etc, etc.,  so we don't know how long the country can tahan without opening up now. They know but looks like they are rushing to open up before any good vaccines or cures are available.  Or even before our healthcare system is ready for the surge in cases.

Why can't wait for Merck or Novavax? Why not approve Sinovac and Sinopharm? Even as boosters? Or other drugs?

Like TS rightfully pointed out, long covid is a concern that they didn't properly handle. Their eye is only on the reopening and economy.  Number of death is just a number to them. Too bad if it hits you. They can always import more FTs.

Is this right or wrong? I don't know. But LKY has always followed Niccolo Machiavelli. He even encouraged Woody to read Machiavelli's works.  

No need to say, Pinky must have read and agreed too.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(16-10-2021, 06:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those who say we need to open up ...go back to normal. Okay to let disease spread because most recover ...only a handful will die.

We hv to think and do what is right and appropriate to protect our family members. No need Govt to tell us what to do.  The safety of citizens are not much concerns to them anymore in the ways they implements rules.

There is no debate on this. Covid is king. Covid will decide. Carnage!

(16-10-2021, 03:03 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  We hv to think and do what is right and appropriate to protect our family members. No need Govt to tell us what to do.  The safety of citizens are not much concerns to them anymore in the ways they implements rules.

The MIW don't care about the number of infections and deaths anymore, what they are concerned about is that they need to meet their KPI, and ensure that our economy is not hit and that they would want to see a good GDP to further increase their year end bonuses...... crying