UMC founder Robert Tsao to donate US$100 million for Taiwan's defense

Err... MHA, can a sinkie donate to a foreign land's military defense??

Better invite him to drink kopi, and make him donate to sinkie land's military defense instead..

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4617111

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

As a Singapore citizen, he should donate at least the same amount to Singapore's charity!

The govt is caught jn this sort of dilemma obviously the wealthy are using Singapore as a tax haven...and register themselves as Singaporeans...

So can Singaporeans give money to foreign military be it Taiwan, Malaysia or Thailand?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

dun be surprised many of them are holding foreign ppt. in case of emergency just bring the ppt along

(07-08-2022, 06:24 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The govt is caught jn this sort of dilemma obviously the wealthy are using Singapore as a tax haven...and register themselves as Singaporeans...

So can Singaporeans give money to foreign military be it Taiwan, Malaysia or Thailand?

You have been criticising those who support PRC which Sg has diplomatic tie with. 

This one  has no diplomatic with Sg.

So how?

the pledge he sworn is like rubbish, just avoid to pay tax only.

TW should use the money wisely to buy lots of stingers, manpads and himars. Learn from the experience of Ukrainians and the enemy can be stopped if not defeated.

(07-08-2022, 06:32 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  You have been criticising those who support PRC which Sg has diplomatic tie with. 

This one  has no diplomatic with Sg.

So how?

Sgbutt is a double headed snake and double standard.

Smile
[+] 3 users Like Niubee's post

Actually 100mil can't do much to beef up defence. Can't even buy one F15.

can buy better food for the soldiers

(07-08-2022, 07:43 PM)starbugs Wrote:  TW should use the money wisely to buy lots of stingers, manpads and himars. Learn from the experience of Ukrainians and the enemy can be stopped if not defeated.

Russia didn't go all out

Smile

(07-08-2022, 09:22 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  can buy better food for the soldiers
Yes better and really fresh pineapples from Philippines instead of rotten ones from Taiwan!

Likely, he don’t know Singapore well.

O dear this is bad. Will China take issue w us now this Robert has become Singaporean? Did he donate hundreds of million to his new country before? Did he contribute to lobbyist in US?

Now we are dragged into this dispute all because of our all too eager policy of granting anyone who can bring us fame in technology, cryptos, etc. S h. I. T

【每日必看】檢視曹興誠過往紀錄...蔡正元酸"別被他呼攏" 20220902@中天新聞

記者節負面示範!曹興誠公然污辱中天稱"匪台" 彭文正也不忍了....怒嗆「踐踏媒體」@中天新聞

US$ 100 mil is peanut for defence expenditure. Don't talk so loud about it.  

A US Destroyer ship can cost US$ 4.4 bil. You have to make 44 times donation of US$ 100 mil just to buy ONE Destroyer, NOT an aircraft carrier.   

US$ 100 million is just nothing to buy anything in defence.  

Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl    Laughing Laughing Laughing    

[Image: Destroyer01.png]

(02-09-2022, 11:12 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  

【每日必看】檢視曹興誠過往紀錄...蔡正元酸"別被他呼攏" 20220902@中天新聞

曹興誠 is a snake or 变色龙.

He can be switching from unification camp to independence camp.

[+] 1 user Likes webinarian's post

抛砖引玉effect?
Gun for 2024 maybe?

【菜市口問展曹粉】

曹粉是87還是9487?
一個騙一輩子的投機仔要你們去死
各個爭先恐後上車欸???

十年叛台投新加坡
反送中前平常住香港
一夕回台領個身分證
發個200元要你搏命
你會相信?

對,曹粉就是這麼蠢!
穿個防彈背心+放個鋼盔就信了!
更正~天真活潑可愛!
愛了愛了

黑熊學院招生中每人一日課程NT1000元
對了有附午餐喔~

曹興誠大喊"全民皆兵"! 一人"200摳"治裝費 ?羅友志4字吐真相:"抗中保台" @中天新聞

一人"200摳"徵黑熊勇士? 曹興誠是"極端人" ! 陳鳳馨曝台"恐怖"下場 @大新聞大爆卦

He belong to the high net worth people which all countries are wooing so I have no issue govt take him in as citizen.

But for him to renounced his citizenship easily, is a slap to sinkie land.

Need to skin such ppl many times before they are allowed to renounce citizenship.

Can oppie proposed new citizenship exit tax... Must tax they gao gao before they are allowed to leave.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

天天硬事2390期——01 台湾曹兴诚誓言要用10个亿要打造300万黑熊勇士和神射手被媒体嘲笑,笑他是因为你的格局不够 02 美国拜登要召开太平洋岛国峰会,放出豪言要将自由播撒出去

【盧秀芳辣晚報】承認台獨! 曹興誠:要當"烏克蘭" 或"阿富汗"? 網:都不要!@中天新聞 精華版

(07-08-2022, 06:13 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Err... MHA, can a sinkie donate to a foreign land's military defense??
Better invite him to drink kopi, and make him donate to sinkie land's military defense instead..

I suspect SG gov quietly told Robert to go f*ck off or else he will be charged for funding subversion and seperatism in other countries as long as he hold the Pink IC.

So much for this foreign "TALENT"...
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(07-08-2022, 09:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Actually 100mil can't do much to beef up defence. Can't even buy one F15.

Base on the Taiwanese talk shows, it seem most of the $$$ will be spent on promoting civil defense-like concept in Taiwan society, and also provide some basic military knowledge\training in handling single-man weaponry like operating stinger missiles and firearms to their mata and also civilians volunteers.

So ish not really on buying weapons.

There was a time when the country asked ordinary men to do extraordinary things.

But now, they'll only do it for money.

(11-09-2022, 03:30 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I suspect SG gov quietly told Robert to go f*ck off or else he will be charged for funding subversion and seperatism in other countries as long as he hold the Pink IC.

So much for this foreign "TALENT"...

He definitely didn't come in via the talent route. Most likely the rich man route. So it is ok for him to give up sinkie land citizenship, but govt must make such people pay a heavy exit tax.