S&P500 drops 23% from peak but S'poreans would not lose much.
Lightbulb 

It has drop sharply and likely to take out new lows.
Suppose You very suay listen to some course peddler or online guru like Adam Khoo and bought at peak.

what happens.
[Image: z8QNFyw.jpg]

You lose 23% as S&P500 falls but make back in forex because USD rose from 1.34 to 1.43. This is 7% gain.

So losses is 23-7 = 16%.

A 16% loss in stock market is not so bad.

If you have been dollar cost averaging into S&P500 though last year you are likely flat or up .due to forex rate..despite people crying father and mother about new lows. Those who start their DCA in 2020, 2019 all are still positive.

Sure the market may go lower by another 20%.

Stay discipline and if your investment method is DCA just continue. No drama if you just follow a systematic approach in fact if you are investing over long-term it is better for markets to collapse fast so you continue to DCA at lower  prices. 
The only prices that matter is your exit 10-20yrs from now.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(27-09-2022, 08:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stay discipline and if your investment method is DCA just continue. No drama if you just follow a systematic approach in fact if you are investing over long-term it is better for markets to collapse fast so you continue to DCA at lower  prices. 
The only prices that matter is your exit 10-20yrs from now.

you are genius !