Goh Jin Hian liable for US$146M losses suffered by company: High Court

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/fo...high-court
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

"... showed a lack of knowledge of IPP’s cargo trading business, which was a significant portion of the company’s activity..."

If you're invited to be a director of a company which you're not familiar with, better think twice
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Two things I remember:

"Pay Peanuts Get Monkeys!"

"I won't hire a person who wants a 500k per year salary as he's mediocre!"
[+] 2 users Like sporeguy's post

If S$600,000 is peanut….
Then US$146,000,000 is what ah?
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

(06-02-2024, 10:14 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  If S$600,000 is peanut….
Then US$146,000,000 is what ah?

243 peanuts. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(06-02-2024, 10:29 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  243 peanuts. Rotfl
1.344 exchange rate

So it’s 327 peanuts.

(06-02-2024, 10:35 PM)Buffybuffy Wrote:  1.344 exchange rate

So it’s 327 peanuts.

You never include inflation. This peanut was year 2005.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Are 无作用 and mrs peanut able to help?

(06-02-2024, 09:47 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/fo...high-court

Just declare bankrupt..so simple,, what can creditor do???

I have friend declare bankrupt. they just took his laptop away only, they cannot take his HDB 
their bank acc with wife also they can take that much only.,.

my firend own 500K.

Dont think he will go jail for this type of offence,,not cheating or what.

Waliao so much how to pay????

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

is the parent crying now?

Quote:Goh held 36 concurrent directorships between 2017 and August 2019.

So many directorship means he spends at most 8 days at each company....how is he going to know what is going on and perform the due diligence expected of him.

They collect director fees without doing sufficient work to fulfil duties? 

Does not seem right.

It's like a safety officer working for so many companies he does not really ensure safety just collect pay....if nothing happens nobody knows he never do work. Then one day some accident happen ...then people realise safety officer never check the equipment.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(07-02-2024, 07:08 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  So many directorship means he spends at most 8 days at each company....how is he going to know what is going on and perform the due diligence expected of him.

They collect director fees without doing sufficient work to fulfil duties? 

Does not seem right.
last time we got a PAP MP holding more than 64 directorship.

(07-02-2024, 07:12 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  last time we got a PAP MP holding more than 64 directorship.

If nothing happens he happily get away with the $$

jin hian in hokkien mean 'very obvious'

ask his father goh chok tong to sell all his bungalow, cars, to help pay his US$145million

so that time his papa goh chok tong ask ho ching go hawker centre eat until whole long table full of food is to ask her to tell her guiniang husband to cancel the lawsuit...ah
becos I remember shortly after the ho ching hawker centre incident
his son was sued
https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comme...at_hawker/

karma to his son. 👍👏

Those companies refuse to accept that

PAP Ministers and their Family also need 10 YEARS of Training

to do their job?

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Some didnt realize that they were offered the jobs not because of their talent or abilities
[+] 2 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

Usually directors are professional in their own field. Because he is somebody's son he thought it's the same standard. Lazy to be a doc see others sign here there collect fees by thousands $. Judge delivered the right message. Go to jail if cannot pay up.

(06-02-2024, 09:47 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/fo...high-court

$600K peanuts lah! Big Grin

(07-02-2024, 09:17 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Some didnt realize that they were offered the jobs not because of their talent or abilities

Because of his LaoPeh lah! Big Grin

(07-02-2024, 05:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Because of his LaoPeh lah! Big Grin

Cheep pie 吃不完要兜着走了
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(07-02-2024, 06:20 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Cheep pie 吃不完要兜着走了

Pak Si Buay Chow lah! Big Grin

Is that Mr Goh CT's son? I find companies awfully disturbing to hire a rookie with exhorbitant salary and expecting him to produce results. Moulding the same hire concept like PaP is beyond understanding because PaP can continuously make blunders due to their iron rice bowl and lack of performance measurement under scrutiny.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

This is almost equivalent to recent 'gifts ' given to civil servants ie to hv directorship of 36 companies! Sign here sign there end of the month collect $$$$.

到底这些公司看中他地那一点呢?看来傻呼呼地