https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/consum...29314.html

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

Donut Trump Made America Great.

Sleepy Joe Made America even GREATER!  Laughing

Rates going up up up

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(10-12-2021, 11:00 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Rates going up up up

The pattern seem to fall into FED earlier narrative temporary inflation.
If you go into the numbers much of it due to rise in oil prices and commodity prices.

All these have stabilized or fallen since end Nov and start of Dec.

That is why markets have gone up not down.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It is actually a welcome move as viewed by many people especially those money savers. The interest rates as far as they are concerned are ridiculously low and many have no interest at all to save any money. For some years now, they are spending money like water but saw no effect on inflation at all nor making any dent in the interest rate.

The stock market, on the other hand, has gone crazy, making no sense for many who just sit at the fence watching the "idiots" playing stock among themselves, pushing the index sky-high until it crashes. Also, today's stock markets among many countries has mostly decoupled. We see, on the one hand, the US stock market making its way the roof stubbornly and the Asian markets struggling only to move sideways. This is really not a very healthy investment market. Something has to be done.

Let's hope the US will wake up and make an effort to increase the interest rates to arrest the worsening market condition and correct its "mistakes" once and for all. The Bernanke's dream of taming the recession with QE is only an experiment and is not a solution for solving recession turning into long term stagnation.

(11-12-2021, 05:30 AM)revealer Wrote:  It is actually a welcome move as viewed by many people especially those money savers.  The interest rates as far as they are concerned are ridiculously low and many have no interest at all to save any money.  For some years now,  they are spending money like water but saw no effect on inflation at all nor making any dent in the interest rate. 

The stock market,  on the other hand,  has gone crazy,  making no sense for many who just sit at the fence watching the "idiots" playing stock among themselves, pushing the index sky-high until it crashes.  Also,  today's stock markets among many countries has mostly decoupled.  We see, on the one hand, the US stock market making its way the roof stubbornly and the Asian markets struggling only to move sideways.  This is really not a very healthy investment market.    Something has to be done.

Let's hope the US will wake up and make an effort to increase the interest rates to arrest the worsening market condition and correct its "mistakes" once and for all.  The Bernanke's  dream of taming the recession with QE is only an experiment and is not a solution for solving recession turning into long term stagnation.

Forget bank interest it will lag inflation and erode your $$.
Even if the interest rate go up it is below inflation.

If die die want to earn fixed interest CPF special account is the best bet at 4%.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Already said few times. US inflation will only rise.
It wont drop if rate never rise. Rotfl
This is a Xmas Gift for US ppl.

Dont be surprise US inflation wll rise to 10% in Jan 2022... You think so easy to catch inflation monster.
End game is near, dont say I never warn everyone...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Mass demonstrations all over the states , if looting ransacking of shops etc all went unreported..

San diego was the worst.

(10-12-2021, 10:21 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  US inflation jumps 6.8% in Nov — fastest rate in 39 yrs

Been 5% and more since May 2021, which is 2.5 times FED's intended inflation rate of 2%.

That's why FED is under pressure to act even if inflation stays at 6%. If you look at the chart below, you can see that inflation is still CLIMBING.

[Image: united-states-inflation-cpi.png?s=cpi+yo...6V20200908]

How come Assmerica dun accused other countries of currency manipulation liao?

(11-12-2021, 06:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Forget bank interest it will lag inflation and erode your $$.

If die die want to earn fixed interest CPF special account is the best bet at 4%.

Yes except for CPF SA, all my assets are in SG freehold properties and US stocks due to need to hedge against inflation. Stocks already have paper gain of 30% so there’s some cushion in case of a crash.

(11-12-2021, 10:27 AM)Levin Wrote:  Been 5% and more since May 2021, which is 2.5 times FED's intended inflation rate of 2%.

That's why FED is under pressure to act even if inflation stays at 6%. If you look at the chart below, you can see that inflation is still CLIMBING.

The risks outweigh d benefits  Big Grin

Rotfl  wow that's a good inflation growth.
[+] 1 user Likes wulala's post

(11-12-2021, 09:27 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Already said few times. US inflation will only rise.
It wont drop if rate never rise. Rotfl
This is a Xmas Gift for US ppl.

Dont be surprise US inflation wll rise to 10% in Jan 2022... You think so easy to catch inflation monster.
End game is near, dont say I never warn everyone...

so if hit 10%
what can happen to sg

(11-12-2021, 06:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Forget bank interest it will lag inflation and erode your $$.

It is very true for some especially those investors and those stock players who are on borrowed money but not quite true for the larger population who are money savers especially those pensioners.   The present interest rate is just too low and not reasonable.  Many countries have even negative interest rates.  They saw their life saving eroded which now cannot even afford to buy daily needs.  

Inflation is not always bad.   Reasonable inflation will provide businesses with pricing power and increase their profit margins. Many US manufacturers also saw this inflation rise and they make record-breaking investments in the manufacturing sector in April.  Quite sure they will be reaping the profit when inflation comes ahead.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/manufact...pidly.html

The keyword here is reasonable inflation and reasonable interest rate rise.  Anyway,  it is still too early to say inflation or interest rate rise are bad things and we will have hyperinflations.    Hope the coming interest rate will tame the inflation and thus bring reasonable inflation and reasonable interest rate rise living and investment environment.

\

(11-12-2021, 10:27 AM)Levin Wrote:  Been 5% and more since May 2021, which is 2.5 times FED's intended inflation rate of 2%.

We have lived through very high inflation before.  Did we die or have life-threatening difficulty finding a living?  I enjoyed those days to see the banks paying my interest payment and longed for those days. 

source: tradingeconomics.com

(11-12-2021, 10:09 AM)Yin yang Wrote:  Mass demonstrations all over the states , if looting ransacking of shops etc all went unreported..

San diego was the worst.

Errrrr…….. already happening  Rotfl

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(11-12-2021, 01:25 PM)revealer Wrote:  We have lived through very high inflation before.  Did we die or have life-threatening difficulty finding a living?  I enjoyed those days to see the banks paying my interest payment and longed for those days. 

source: tradingeconomics.com

True, we have been through such high inflation before. The last time inflation was this high in USA was in 1982. And FED increased interest rates (their SOP) which slowed the economy and the following years were bad. Yes, we have been through that bad patch before. Not enjoyable at all.

CNN is selling inflation is good for average Americans but bad for rich people.  I am for a reasonable increase in inflation as well as interest rate than what we are in with negative and low-interest rate with stagnating economic growth.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/01/econo...index.html

The people who need to worry about the coming inflation are those who are trading using margins. When the interest rate started to rise in order to curb inflation, the margin traders will start to sell their stocks as they will no longer be able to hold the increasing rate with the market price falling every day. The wise ones will know what to do next.

[Image: a121ffe93a4fd395010eabb696edadfa.png]

轩讲:四大“肉霸”,如何管住美国人的嘴?

Dec 21 is 7%

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-stat...lation-cpi

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(12-01-2022, 09:18 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  

轩讲:四大“肉霸”,如何管住美国人的嘴?
What is 'meat tyrants'...?

If they backfire 

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/how-th...01970.html

(12-01-2022, 09:41 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  If they backfire 

He will be one of the 历史罪人。 Rotfl
Don’t be surprised even rate hike also can’t bring down inflation.

[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(12-01-2022, 09:41 PM)Galilo_l Wrote:  If they backfire 

I find their definition of ASSETS on the Fed's balance sheet to be very yucky (at least since 2008).  Basically, they issue new government securities and buy these securities themselves with newly created money and then call them assets.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...my-2431546

The seven percent increase in the Labor Department's consumer price index (CPI) over the 12 months to December was the highest since June 1982, as prices rose for an array of goods especially housing, cars and food.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...#mdcrecs_s

Brazil's 2021 inflation of more than 10 per cent was the highest in six years

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/governm...s-brainard

Controlling inflation is 'most important task': Federal Reserve's Brainard

【頭條開講下集】拜登通膨don't look up釀大禍! 美超市再現搬空畫面! 疫情狂燒還怪大陸砍航班?@頭條開講 20220113

[Image: USA-Empty-shelves-01.png]